Thoroughly tried and tested 10 week unit on the wonderfully heartwarming Michelle Magorian novel 'Goodnight Mister Tom'! Suitable for ages 11-15 and focuses upon the enjoyment of reading and examining key themes.
* 30 lesson plans (with 16 differentiation strategies)
* 73 slide PowerPoint presentation
* All resources
* Homework project
Unit's lessons include:
* Context research (WWII and child evacuations)
* Creating a map of Little Weirwold via inference and deduction
* Dedicated reading and discussion lessons
* In-depth key extract analysis
* Reading essay assessment
* Writing skills development
* In role writing assessment
* Role play speaking and listening assessment
* Spelling tests (differentiated)
* Teacher/peer/self assessment opportunities
Thank you for taking an interest in my product! If you do decide to proceed to purchase, I'd really appreciate your rating and feedback. This will help me to adapt future products and edit existing ones so that they can really be the best they can be.
If you enjoy this product, please do check out my others and click 'Follow' to be the first to hear about new products, sales and promotions!