The coronavirus pandemic is a major historical event, and students should take time to document their experiences! This Google Classroom Activity teaches students about primary sources and gives them ideas for creating their own.
- PowerPoint Google Classroom
- Grades 4-7
- school librarians teaching online
- language arts classroom teachers
- Link to Google Slides presentation (27 slides, editable text)--It sounds long, but each slide only contains one sentence of text. Students should be able to read the entire presentation in just a few minutes.
- PowerPoint version (27 slides, editable text)
- what a primary source is
- why primary sources are important
- four ideas for creating their own primary sources
- This is a highly-creative activity! Students have a lot of freedom to share their current experiences in a way that best reflects their talents and interests.
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers, particularly for middle school, to my store. All my new products are half-off for the first 48 hours.
Take advantage of the "First 48 Half-Off" by clicking here to follow my store. Following my store will give you notifications of when new products are posted. I also post all my new products to my MrsReaderPants FaceBook page and on my MrsReaderPants blog email list.