This bundle is completely Google Ready! All of the assignments have been created in Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Docs and Google Draw. That means it's not just Google 1:1 Compatible, but all student answer text boxes, quizzes, and documents are ready to be used in your Google Classroom. You will be provided with links to over 40 assignments, notes, activities and assessments that are easy to share in ANY internet based class.
With over 28 activities, notes and Common Core assignments/resources, this packet would cost over $80 if bought individually. This is a fantastic way to cover all of the key points for African trading empires of Ghana, Mali, and Songhai.
The unit is divided into III parts:
I. Content Instruction- EMPIRES OF AFRICA GEOGRAPHY, VOCABULARY, NOTES, POWERPOINTS, CLOSE READINGS AND GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS:
1. Africa Geography Google Earth Exploration and Scavenger Hunt.
This bundle includes two assignment options, satellite map instructional slides, an interactive label the feature activity, a Google Earth Scavenger Hunt and a Google Forms quiz ready for your class!
2. Africa Vocabulary Mini-Bundle
This bundle includes three assignment vocabulary options, review games, and a google forms quiz. The In Other Words class game has been converted to a student interactive drag the word to the proper definition activity.
3. Fantastic Google Slides notes for all three empires with key vocabulary that can be student or teacher directed
4. Google cloze notes fillable one pager notes for all three empires
5. Graphic organizers for all three empires
6. Close Reading and Activity Set for Ghana, Mali and Songhai
7.A West African Empire Introduction Investigation
- Students analyze primary sources, look at maps and visuals to make predictions about their learning for the unit. It also comes with a summative reflection activity!
8. Daily Skill-Based Text Analysis Warm-Ups and Mini-Lessons
– Student make inferences and predictions from text, choose the best evidence to support a claim, cite sources, paraphrase and learn to write strong commentary in these daily skill-based mini-lessons and practice slides.
II. AFRICAN EMPIRES ACTIVITIES, WORKSHEETS, PRIMARY SOURCE READINGS and COMMON CORE WRITING LESSONS-
1. West Africa Empire Common Core Online Reading Investigation and Activity
Answer key included!
2. Epic of Sundiata Primary Source Reading Activity Set
3. Ibn Battuta Travel Blog and FACETIME Activity-
Students read Ibn Battuta's diaries, then create a blog of his journeys or conduct an interview. Both Literacy and Writing based!
4. Common Core Informative Paragraph Activity with example and iPAD template. Includes a rubric.
5. Common Core Annotations Activity.
6. Google Ready Trans Saharan Trade Map Activity
7. Fun Africa Empires Praise Song project with Rubric
9. Three empires foldable review activity with examples!
10. Linkendin Profile Page (resume) worksheet for African Leaders
11. Mansa Musa Common Core Instagram Selfie
12.Mansa Musa's Great Journey Common Core Reading and Writing Activity
13. Brand New!!! African Griot Battle Primary Source Activity Set
III. AFRICAN EMPIRES REVIEW, TEST AND ASSESSMENTS-
1. A multiple choice editable Google Forms Common Core test. Students read excerpts, support claims with evidence!
2. A venn diagram that compares all three civilizations with answer key!
3. A Brand New Digital Scrapbook Review
for students to review the key concepts for the unit in a mini visual research project!
4. Key Term Matching/Categorizing Printable with the "big Idea" key concepts for Social Studies.
5. Key Concept Graphic Organizers, Introduction Slides, and Inquiry-Based Learning Writing Guides.
Please note that many of the readings and activities included in this bundle have been tweaked to fit a digital classroom environment. Hence, the product links in this description are provided to give the buyer a visual of the general content, but the activities are not always identical.
⇒ Be sure to FOLLOW us on:
TPT to receive notifications of new products, sales, and notes to followers. Just click the “follow me” button.
for creative classroom ideas, lessons, and more.
for laughs and to see products at use in the classroom.
for interesting articles, posts, & tips!
for random acts of teaching @instructomania
Check out our website & blog
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are a teacher, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. & Mrs. P:
World History includes both Ancient and Medieval history lesson plans and complete unit packets. In the Ancient history and Medieval history curriculum you will find lesson plans and activities that support inquiry-based learning through evidence-driven literacy and writing that aligns with Common Core. Our student-centered Social Science lessons teach students to analyze social studies content by using the key the concepts of geography, economy, achievements, religion, social classes and government. Students use academic vocabulary, in highly engaging, fun history investigations, interactive Google ready content, visually rich graphic organizer resources and thematic assignments.
US History includes content rich, primary source-driven United States history lessons and activities. Students use critical thinking, in our skill-based lessons that have student analyze historical documents, charts and primary resources. Our U.S. History units are also key concept based. Students analyze the growth and challenges faced by the United States through the use of the key concepts of federalism, republicanism government, diversity, territorial expansion, rights and liberties, labor systems and economy. A common theme throughout our lessons is that students support claims with evidence from secondary and primary source text.
Science lessons can be used in the middle and high school classrooms. Our science lessons are student centered and include lab activities, classroom activities, research projects. All of these science lessons are created to encourage student engagement support the Common Core and NGSS standards.
Intructomania, Pavlovich, World History Lesson Plans, World History grade 7, lesson plans, worksheets, medieval history, 7th grade history, projects, activities, printables, middle ages, middle school history