This bundle is completely Google Ready! All of the assignments have been created in Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Docs and Google Draw. That means it's not just Google 1:1 Compatible, but all student answer text boxes, quizzes, and documents are ready to be used in your Google Classroom.
This Ancient Greece packet has rigor, versatility and fun! Check out the preview for a closer look!
CONTENT– The content in the bundle is organized with the key "big idea" Common Core concepts for Social Studies in mind. The concepts covered are:
• Government /Leadership
• Social Classes
Through teaching with key concepts as a filter, students will become familiar with the crucial attributes that have enabled civilizations to prosper. A foundation of key “big idea” concepts will guide students and class instruction with a platform to think critically, and make comparisons as young social scientists.
This Ancient Greece bundle is divided into 4 parts:
I. ANCIENT GREECE NOTES, POWERPOINTS, GEOGRAPHY, VOCABULARY and CONTENT INSTRUCTION-The content instructional materials are both student centered and teacher driven depending on teacher preference:
1. Ancient Greece Slides Teacher or Student Driven Notes
2. Two Page Cloze Notes with Google Fillable Graphic Organizers
3. Six student centered online reading investigations that are labeled and categorized with key concepts.
4. Ancient Mesopotamia Geography Google Earth Exploration and Scavenger Hunt.
This bundle includes two assignment options, satellite map instructional slides, an interactive label the feature activity, a Google Earth Scavenger Hunt and a Google Forms quiz ready for your class!
6. Vocabulary of Ancient Greece Vocabulary Set.
This bundle includes three assignment vocabulary options, review games, and a google forms quiz. The In Other Words class game has been converted to a student interactive drag the word to the proper definition activity.
7. Ancient Greece Introductory Investigation
This lesson is a great introduction and has a summative piece. Students analyze visuals, primary source excerpts and map to make predictions about the content they will learn about.
8. Daily Skill-Based Text Analysis Warm-Ups and Mini-Lessons
– Student make inferences and predictions from text, choose the best evidence to support a claim, cite sources, paraphrase and learn to write strong commentary in these daily skill-based mini-lessons and practice slides. This can be done as student centered reveiw too!
II. ANCIENT GREECE ACTIVITIES, WORKSHEETS, CLOSE READINGS and LESSONS-
Current, engaging and interactive activities that have students process information. This packet includes:
1. Text a Greek Thinker Assignment.
2. Greek Achievements Playlist
3. Common Core Information Text Templates (3 to choose from)
4. Common Core Writing Pre-Write and Template for a Perfect Informational Paragraph
5. Ancient Greek Thinker Trading Card Activity Set.
This Ancient Greece FUN activity includes readings for Greek thinkers, a trading card template for students to write in and a fun class trading card competition!
7. Common Core Primary Source Quote Activities (4 to choose from)
8. Post Card from Ancient Greece Geography Assignment
9. Alexander the Great Primary Source Literacy and Writing Activity
10. FaceTime with Socrates Common Core Literacy and Fun Activity
11.Ancient Greece Historical Snapshot.
This Ancient Greece Google Ready Close Reading includes an annotation guide, worksheet and graphic organizer based on the big ideas of social science!
III. ANCIENT GREECE REVIEW and GAMES
1. A Brand New Digital Scrapbook Review
for students to review the key concepts for the unit in a mini visual research project!
2. Key Term Matching/Categorizing Printable with the "big Idea" key concepts for Social Studies.
IV. ANCIENT GREECE TESTS and ASSESSMENTS
1. Vocabulary Quiz with academic and content vocabulary
2. Common Core Literacy and Writing Multiple Choice Test
in editable WORD and PDF
⭐⭐⭐CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK!⭐⭐⭐
⚠️Keep in mind that all content is stored in Google Drive, so teachers will need a Google account in order to use this bundle.
Please note that many of the readings and activities included in this bundle have been tweaked to fit a digital classroom environment. Hence, the product links in this description are provided to give the buyer a visual of the general content, but the activities are not always identical.
⇒ Be sure to FOLLOW us on:
TPT to receive notifications of new products, sales, and notes to followers. Just click the “follow me” button.
for creative classroom ideas, lessons, and more.
for laughs and to see products at use in the classroom.
for interesting articles, posts, & tips!
for random acts of teaching @instructomania
Check out our website & blog
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are a teacher, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. & Mrs. P:
World History includes both Ancient and Medieval history lesson plans and complete unit packets. In the Ancient history and Medieval history curriculum you will find lesson plans and activities that support inquiry-based learning through evidence-driven literacy and writing that aligns with Common Core. Our student-centered Social Science lessons teach students to analyze social studies content by using the key the concepts of geography, economy, achievements, religion, social classes and government. Students use academic vocabulary, in highly engaging, fun history investigations, interactive Google ready content, visually rich graphic organizer resources and thematic assignments.
US History includes content rich, primary source-driven United States history lessons and activities. Students use critical thinking, in our skill-based lessons that have student analyze historical documents, charts and primary resources. Our U.S. History units are also key concept based. Students analyze the growth and challenges faced by the United States through the use of the key concepts of federalism, republicanism government, diversity, territorial expansion, rights and liberties, labor systems and economy. A common theme throughout our lessons is that students support claims with evidence from secondary and primary source text.
Science lessons can be used in the middle and high school classrooms. Our science lessons are student centered and include lab activities, classroom activities, research projects. All of these science lessons are created to encourage student engagement support the Common Core and NGSS standards.
Keywords: Ancient World History, Ancient Greece, Alexander the Great ,World History grade 6, lesson plans, , 6th grade history, Ancient Greece projects, ancient civilizations, best Ancient Greece history lesson plans, Ancient Greece geography map, Ancient Greece graphic organizer, Ancient Greece common core worksheets,