This complete unit bundle is completely Google Ready! All of the assignments have been created in Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Docs and Google Draw. That means it's not just Google 1:1 Compatible, but all student answer text boxes, quizzes, and documents are ready to be used in your Google Classroom. You will be provided with links to over 40 assignments, notes, activities and assessments that are easy to share in ANY internet based class.
This Ancient Rome packet has rigor, versatility and fun!
CONTENT– The content in the bundle is organized with the key "big idea" Common Core concepts for Social Studies in mind. The concepts covered are:
· Government /Leadership
· Social Classes
Through teaching with key concepts as a filter, students will become familiar with the crucial attributes that have enabled civilizations to prosper. A foundation of key “big idea” concepts will guide students and class instruction with a platform to think critically, and make comparisons as young social scientists.
This Ancient Rome bundle is divided into IV parts:
I. ANCIENT ROME NOTES, POWERPOINTS, GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS, STATIONS AND CONTENT INSTRUCTION-
The content instructional materials are both student centered and teacher-driven depending on teacher preference:
1. Ancient Rome Student or Teacher Driven Google Slides Notes
2. Two Page Outlined Notes with Graphic Organizers that have fillable text boxes
3. Six student centered online reading investigations
that are labeled and categorized with the key concepts.
4. Complete Vocabulary Mini Bundle
-This bundle includes three assignment vocabulary options, review games, and a google forms quiz. The In Other Words class game has been converted to a student interactive drag the word to the proper definition activity.
5. Ancient Rome Geography Google Earth Exploration and Scavenger Hunt.
This bundle includes two assignment options, satellite map instructional slides, an interactive label the feature activity, a Google Earth Scavenger Hunt and a Google Forms quiz ready for your class!
6. Ancient Rome Introductory Investigation
This lesson is a great introduction and has a summative piece. Students analyze visuals, primary source excerpts and map to make predictions about the content they will learn about.
7. Daily Skill-Based Text Analysis Warm-Ups and Mini-Lessons
– Student make inferences and predictions from text, choose the best evidence to support a claim, cite sources, paraphrase and learn to write strong commentary in these daily skill-based mini-lessons and practice slides.
II. ANCIENT ROME ACTIVITIES, CLOSE READINGS, WORKSHEETS AND COMMON CORE WRITING-
Current, engaging and interactive activities that have students process information. This packet includes:
1. Interview with Augustus iPad Time Machine Activity! As always this activity has pre-made text boxes for students to fill.
2. FUN iPOD Playlist for a Roman Citizen!
3.The 12 Tablets- FAIR? YOU DECIDE!
Common Core Information Text Reading and Writing
4.Common Core Writing Pre-Write and Template and Teaching Resources for an Informative Paragraph
5.Common Core Primary Source Quote Activities
(5 to choose from)
6. DBQ- Roman Achievements Document Based Question
Reading and Writing with Primary Sources Activity!
7. Ancient Rome Historical Snapshot.
This Ancient Rome Close Reading includes an annotation guide, worksheet and graphic organizer based on the big ideas of social science!
III. ANCIENT ROME REVIEW AND FUN GAMES!-
1.A Brand New Digital Scrapbook Review
for students to review the key concepts for the unit in a mini visual research project!
2. Key Term Matching/Categorizing Printable with the "big Idea" key concepts for Social Studies.
3. Key Concept Graphic Organizers, Introduction Slides, and Inquiry Based Learning Writing Guides.
IV. ANCIENT ROME TESTS AND ASSESSMENTS
1. Vocabulary Quiz with academic and content vocabulary editable in Google Forms!
2. A multiple choice editable Google Forms Common Core test. Students read excerpts, support claims with evidence!
in editable Google Forms!
3. The DBQ listed above is also an extraordinary assessment!
⭐⭐⭐CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK!⭐⭐⭐
⚠️Keep in mind that all content is stored in Google Drive, so teachers will need a Google account in order to use this bundle.
Please note that many of the readings and activities included in this bundle have been tweaked to fit a digital classroom environment. Hence, the product links in this description are provided to give the buyer a visual of the general content, but the activities are not always identical.
Tony Pavlovich, Intructomania