This bundle is completely Google Ready! All of the assignments have been created in Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Docs and Google Draw. That means it's not just Google 1:1 compatible, but all student answer text boxes, quizzes, and documents are ready to be used in your Google Classroom. You will be provided with links to over 40 assignments, notes, activities and assessments that are easy to share in ANY internet based class.
This Americas Unit is a fantastic way to cover all of the KEY POINTS for the Maya, Aztec, and Inca. You can pick and choose from 32 notes formats, worksheets, and activities.
The packet is divided IV parts including:
I. AZTEC, MAYA, INCA NOTES, POWERPOINTS, CLOSE READINGS and CONTENT INSTRUCTION:
1. One pager notes for all three civilizations with premade textboxes for students to fill (Aztec
2. Aztec, Inca AND Maya Close Readings, Analysis Guide and Annotation Activities (Aztec
3. Fantastic visual Google Slides notes for all three civilizations (Aztec
4. Printable graphic organizers for all three civilizations (Aztec
5. Mexico Geography Google Earth Exploration and Scavenger Hunt. and South America Geography Google Earth Exploration and Scavenger Hunt.
This bundle includes two assignment options, satellite map instructional slides, an interactive label the feature activity, a Google Earth Scavenger Hunt and a Google Forms quiz ready for your class!
6. An Americas Vocabulary Lesson Set
This bundle includes three assignment vocabulary options, review games, and a google forms quiz. The In Other Words class game has been converted to a student interactive drag the word to the proper definition activity.
7. An Americas Introduction Investigation
- Students analyze primary sources, look at maps and visuals to make predictions about their learning for the unit. It also comes witha summative reflection activity!
8. Daily Skill-Based Text Analysis Warm-Ups and Mini-Lessons
– Student make inferences and predictions from text, choose the best evidence to support a claim, cite sources, paraphrase and learn to write strong commentary in these daily skill-based mini-lessons and practice slides.
II. AZTEC, MAYA, INCA ACTIVITIES, WORKSHEETS AND PRIMARY SOURCE READINGS:
1. Mexico Where in the World? Scavenger Hunt and Map Activity
2. South America Where in the World? Scavenger Hunt and Map Activity
3. Engaging Aztec Religion Reading with Common Core Worksheet
4. Google fillable Aztec/ Conquistador Perspective Activity with examples.
5. Common Core paragraph writing instructional materials and writing template
6. FaceTime Interviews
for Monteczuma, Pizarro, Atahualpa and Cortez. Includes Common Core and Interview Activity Options.
7. Common Core literacy and math population decline from smallpox bar graphing activity
8. Aztec Pictograph Analysis Activity
9. This is a completely cross-curricular Diseases the Rocked the World: Spread of Smallpox Online Reading Investigation (ORI). It includes a simulation activity and covers geography, science, graphing and analyzing primary sources!
III. AZTEC, MAYA, INCA REVIEW and FUN GAMES:
1 . An Aztec, Maya, Inca Interactive "People Pass" Review Activity
2. A Flyswatter game with answers that is a review for all three civilizations (exclusive to this bundle)
3. A Venn diagram that compares all three civilizations with answer key (exclusive to this bundle)
4. A student directed review activity for all three civilizations that includes an answer key (exclusive to this bundle)
5. A fun Google Slides driven "Human Multiple Choice" game (exclusive to this bundle)
6.A Brand New Digital Scrapbook Review
for students to review the key concepts for the unit in a mini visual research project!
7. Key Concept Graphic Organizers, Introduction Slides, and Inquiry Based Learning Writing Guides.
IV. AZTEC, MAYA, INCA TESTS and ASSESSMENTS:
1. Common Core Literacy and Writing Aligned Multiple Choice tests in both PDF and Word. Easy to modify! See test example HERE.
⭐⭐⭐CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK!⭐⭐⭐
⚠️Keep in mind that all content is stored in Google Drive, so teachers will need a Google account in order to use this bundle.
⇒ Be sure to FOLLOW us on:
TPT to receive notifications of new products, sales, and notes to followers. Just click the “follow me” button.
for creative classroom ideas, lessons, and more.
for laughs and to see products at use in the classroom.
for interesting articles, posts, & tips!
for random acts of teaching @instructomania
Check out our website & blog
©Instructomania, Inc. All rights reserved by Tony and Erika Pavlovich. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. If you are a teacher, principal or district interested in purchasing several licenses, TPT now offers multiple license options.
About Instructomania with Mr. & Mrs. P:
World History includes both Ancient and Medieval history lesson plans and complete unit packets. In the Ancient history and Medieval history curriculum you will find lesson plans and activities that support inquiry-based learning through evidence-driven literacy and writing that aligns with Common Core. Our student-centered Social Science lessons teach students to analyze social studies content by using the key the concepts of geography, economy, achievements, religion, social classes and government. Students use academic vocabulary, in highly engaging, fun history investigations, interactive Google ready content, visually rich graphic organizer resources and thematic assignments.
US History includes content rich, primary source-driven United States history lessons and activities. Students use critical thinking, in our skill-based lessons that have student analyze historical documents, charts and primary resources. Our U.S. History units are also key concept based. Students analyze the growth and challenges faced by the United States through the use of the key concepts of federalism, republicanism government, diversity, territorial expansion, rights and liberties, labor systems and economy. A common theme throughout our lessons is that students support claims with evidence from secondary and primary source text.
Science lessons can be used in the middle and high school classrooms. Our science lessons are student centered and include lab activities, classroom activities, research projects. All of these science lessons are created to encourage student engagement support the Common Core and NGSS standards.