Also included in
- ******HUGE UPDATE****** Nearly doubled and now includes DIGITAL version for ALL 3 UNITS for use in Google Classroom & Distance Learning!*****Please check out the preview.Save 20% when you buy the bundle!Next Generation Science Standards LS2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics (System$18.40$23.00Save $4.60
**************NOW DIGITAL VERSION included to use for DISTANCE LEARNING, Google Classroom, Differentiation, and TECHNOLOGY IMPLEMENTATION******
Please download the Preview for more images!
Next Generation Science Standards NGSS LS2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics (System Interactions). Includes a DIGITAL INQUIRY ACTIVITY to make DECOMPOSITION COLUMNS through Distance Learning and Google Classroom!
This is PART 3 of 3 units. All 3 units can be found in the Ecosystems Unit Bundle.
This is a collection of lessons and inquiry-based science activities, including worksheets, assessments, visuals, and directions about how to make a decomposition column. Students will identify how energy, within an ecosystem, originates from the sun. They will learn about the transfer of energy from producers to consumers to decomposers. They will apply all they know about living things, food chains, food webs, and energy in a final assessment. This also is a great connection to health topics about food, food energy, and where our food comes from (food pyramid, etc.)
DIGITAL VERSION (70 slides):
- 6 Learning Target Slides (editable & fixed)
- 11 Informational Slides
- 7 Pages of Interactive Decomposition Activity (Decomposition Column)
- 37 pages of interactive tasks or worksheets (some editable)
- 1 Learning Targets & Feedback Self-Scoring Pages (1 editable)
- 1 blank slide for teacher creation
Printable Version (68 pages):
- Posters for producers, consumers, decomposers, and all three together (multiple versions for classroom posters or student notebooks)
- Learning Targets
- Detailed Inquiry Activities with additional information, which include:
- Graphic Organizers
- Journal prompts
- Printable worksheets and assessments for science journals or to pass out
- Investigation on Decomposition
- Article on Decomposition
- Directions on how to make a Decomposition Column (with visuals)
- Vocabulary Terms
* Camera Tool to insert image
* Dragging elements
* Resizing image
* Text boxes
* Shapes tool
Thank you for visiting!
Feedback is greatly appreciated!
Copyright © 2020 Stacey Colegrove
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.