Also included in
- ******HUGE UPDATE****** Nearly doubled and now includes DIGITAL version for ALL 3 UNITS for use in Google Classroom & Distance Learning!*****Please check out the preview.Save 20% when you buy the bundle!Next Generation Science Standards LS2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics (System$18.40$23.00Save $4.60
**************NOW DIGITAL VERSION included to use for DISTANCE LEARNING, Google Classroom, Differentiation, and TECHNOLOGY IMPLEMENTATION******
Please download the Preview for more images!
Next Generation Science Standards NGSS LS2 Ecosystems: Interactions, Energy, and Dynamics (System Interactions)
This is PART 2 of 3 units. All 3 units can be found in the Ecosystems Unit Bundle.
This is a collection of lessons and activities following the 5Es of science. Students will decide if something is living or nonliving through inquiry-based activities.
Students explore , by thinking about their own experiences and then considering food groups. Through inquiry, discussions and hands-on sorts, students learn about how energy is transferred from the sun, to producers, and to consumers.
Students learn about the relationship between and roles of predators and prey. They practice identifying these species.
Students learn about a variety of food chains: , , , , , , and . Students then practice constructing food chains, while explaining the roles of each member as energy is transferred through the system.
Students learn about a variety of food webs in various habitats: , , , , and have an inquiry project with an (digital version only.) Students are asked to construct and explain the energy transfer in each food web and are asked to consider how organisms are interdependent.
Vocabulary skill-work, worksheet practice, and assessments are included in both the printable and digital versions!
DIGITAL VERSION (82 slides):
- 6 Learning Target Slides (editable & fixed)
- 25 Informational Slides
- 43 pages of interactive tasks or worksheets
- 1 Learning Targets & Feedback Self-Scoring Pages (1 editable)
- 1 blank slide for teacher creation
Printable Version (92 pages):
5Es Lesson Plan/Activities, include:
Sorts for Food Chains
Sorts for Food Webs
Variety of Assessments
Real examples (photos)
* Camera Tool to insert image
* Dragging elements
* Resizing image
* Text boxes
Thank you for visiting!
Feedback is greatly appreciated!
Copyright © 2020 Stacey Colegrove
All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.