Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Do you need engaging, synonyms and antonyms activities for your next lesson? Rap songs are your solution!
Based on history and reading rap songs, these activities will while they practice synonyms and antonyms skills. Easily incorporate them into independent activities or complete them together as a class lesson. The song lyrics for these activities have many content-vocabulary words for students to practice identifying synonyms and antonyms with.
*Note: This product is a digital, Google Forms reading activity for use in Google Classroom. If you would like the paper-based activity, click here.
A mix of fun topics that kids will love!
These passages and songs cover:
Teach reading skills to your students in a way that they will enjoy!
Kids love music and will certainly enjoy identifying synonyms and antonyms for words in the songs. These activities also feature simple explanations of what synonyms and antonyms are to guide students' comprehension.
Multiple-choice questions with answer keys!
All of these synonyms and antonyms activities have multiple-choice questions with answer keys for easy grading.
Everything included in this bundle is listed below. Click the product links above for more details.
- the for copying the activities to your Google Classroom account
- the embedded into the Google Forms
- the into the Google Forms
- format with the answer keys
- the lyrics for each song
- 6 questions with the answer key per passage
- 6 questions with the answer key per passage.
- 1 activity where students will identify a synonym and antonym for any word of their choice from the song lyrics.
- Explain the concept of synonyms using the instructions on page 1.
- Ask students to give a few examples of words that are synonyms.
- Next, have students listen to each song for the corresponding reading passage while following along with the lyrics on pages 3 and 4.
- Guide students through answering question 1 as a class. Review with them as necessary.
- Students will now answer the remaining 5 multiple-choice synonyms questions.
- Repeat the above steps with the antonyms questions.
- The answer keys for the questions are located on pages 5 and 6.
Use the links in the download to copy our Google Forms to your Google Drive. Assign the Google Forms to your students by sharing the links, sending an email, or using Google Classroom.
*Google Forms are paperless and self-grading. Grades and data are collected automatically once students complete the quiz. You can view individual student responses or see how students did as a class, letting you know how many questions were answered correctly or incorrectly.
Get this bundle now to keep your students engaged with reading!
*Leave a review if you liked these activities.*
You may also like:
*Disclaimer: Rap Opera for Kids is not affiliated with the Disney or Marvel brands in any way. Rap Opera for Kids provides educational commentary, parody, and criticism of popular works in order to supplement classroom instruction.
Copyright © 2019 Rap Opera for Kids. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Images and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.
*Font for "Rap Opera ... Kids. History. Reading. Math. And More... School Just Went Beast Mode. Educate. Entertain. Empower!" text by http://www.junkohanhero.com