Google Classroom is your mission control for class. Create classes, distribute assignments, send feedback, and see everything in one place. Instant. Paperless. Easy. (google.com/edu/products)
Google redesigned Google Classroom (August 2018). This resource has new screenshots and instructions to reflect the changes made to the layout of Google Classroom. Both the Teacher Guide and the Student Guide have been completely redesigned!
My own personal experience with Google Classroom…
Google Classroom has helped me immensely to stay more organized. All class materials are in one place. Google creates a folder for each assignment and all submitted assignments are automatically placed in this folder to ease marking. I can reuse assignments, tests and announcements to quickly recreate a course. Create a test and use the Flubaroo add-on to mark it for you. Finally, the site just looks good, the layout is appealing. You can change the theme to suite your class. It is professional while at the same time inviting to students. Try it for yourself to take advantage of these amazing features in your classroom.
1. Create a class with just a few clicks
2. Add your students by sending them a class code or adding them directly
3. Create an assignment. You’ll be able to see who’s completed the assignment and who’s still working on it.
4. Archive and delete a class at the end of the semester or school year.
1. Everything is in one place. Join the class in one click and then have all of the materials at your fingertips.
2. Start a conversation. Communicate privately with your teacher or ask questions to the whole class.
3. Submit assignments. Attach anything to your assignments (Google Docs, links or photos)
• This is a step-by-step
guide for teachers and students who are new to using Google Classroom.
• Screen shots
and instruction bubbles
are used to show how to get started and easily navigate within Classroom.
• The following topics are covered in this teacher and student guide…
1. Create a Class
2. Post to Classroom Stream
3. Stream Options (Create Question, Assignment or Announcement)
4. Share a Class Code
5. Invite Students (Select Students by Directory, Contacts or Groups)
6. Class Overview
7. Add Class Materials (Files, Drive Documents, YouTube Videos, Links)
8. Google Drive Classroom Folders (Moving Files to Classroom Folders)
10. Student Settings
11. Marking Assignments and Sending Messages/Feedback to Students
12. Google Classroom from the Student's Perspective (Printed Handout or Electronic Copy for Students)
Note: You will receive 3 PDF versions of this guide...
1. 1 Slide Per Page (Larger Screen Shots and Instructions)
2. 4 Slides Per Page (Printer Friendly)
3. Student Reference (Handout or Electronic Copy for Students)
A 20 slide guide for using Google Calendar
within Google Classroom has been added to this bundle.
Instructions and screenshots have been added for assignment status (Done, Not Done & Returned) and returning an assignment.
Google Calendar Topics...
1. Accessing Calendar
2. New Calendar
3. View Options
4. Quick Add
5. Adding an Event
6. Edit Event
7. Delete Event
12. Share Calendar
Announcement Icon Images
• This resource contains image designs to enhance your class announcements
• Use them to announce upcoming quizzes, tests, homework, guest speakers, field trips etc.
• Insert these icons into Google Classroom Announcements or display them using a projector in a regular classroom
• Adding images helps your announcements to get noticed and be remembered by your students
• These jpg images are easy to add to Classroom and step-by-step instructions are included to show you how to do it
5. Due Date
7. Guest Speaker
8. Field Trip
9. Quiet Please
10. Five Minutes (Remaining in Class or For an Activity)
• Note: These icons were created using Canva.com
Communicating with Guardians through Classroom
1. Students Tab
2. Invite a Guardian
3. Remove a Guardian
4. Email Guardians
5. Email All Guardians in a Class
6. Guardian Email Summaries
- Google Classroom UPDATES
Google recently added a number of helpful updates to Google Classroom for teachers.
These add-ons include...
1. Reorder your classes on the homepage
2. View all of a student's work on a single page
3. Use decimal grades to award partial points
4. Display the class code in full screen
5. Transfer class ownership to another teacher
Google recently added several updates to Google Classroom for the 2017/18 school year to help teachers. I created a guide about those updates and added it to this bundle.
A guide has been added to this bundle that will show you how to share an assignment in Google Classroom so that each student will get their own copy
• The default for file sharing is "view only" so that students are not able to alter a teachers assignment
• However, files can be shared in 3 ways
1. Student can view the file
2. Students can edit the file
3. Make a copy for each student
• By sharing a copy of the assignment, each student can edit (add their own information) without altering the master copy. This is helpful for many types of assignments including worksheets or interactive activities.
Click on the link below for a bundle of lessons and activities using Google Drive…
Google Drive Lessons Bundle
Purchase of this product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the internet or to other individuals.
Created by Gavin Middleton © TeachwithTech
TeachwithTech is not affiliated with Google.com
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within this lesson are the property of their respective trademark holders.
These trademark holders are not affiliated with TeachwithTech. They do not sponsor or endorse the contents, materials or processes discussed within this lesson.
Cover image was purchased from istockphoto.com (extended license)
Thanks for visiting my store! If you decide to make a purchase, please do not forget to leave feedback. I am very interested to read your thoughts about my products!
Also, don't forget to "FOLLOW" me for exciting new product announcements, sales, promotions and updates!
Google Drive Products
Google Drive Bundle
Google Drive Elementary Bundle
Holiday Pictures using Shapes in Google Drive
Google Form Rubrics
Google Drive Quiz/Investigation using Google Forms
Self Grading Quiz using Google Forms
Lesson Plans using Google Drive Sheets
Google Drive Kahoots
Google Drive for iPad Bundle
Google Drive Files, Folders and Sharing Lesson
QR Codes using Google Sheets
Google Drive Word Search
Google Drive Infographics
Uploading Microsoft Office Files to Google Drive
Other Google Activities
Google My Maps
Google Image Search Tools
Google AdWords Lesson
A Google a Day Search Game