This resource is perfect to teach beginners of Google Docs some of the advanced features of formatting in Google Docs. Students are provided with an article (about Gordon the Cat) in Google Docs which they are expected to edit/format by following a set of instructions. Please Note: This article contains deliberate spelling mistakes which students must correct using the Spell Check feature of Google Docs.
Students will also be provided with the following 12 skills videos which they can watch independently to complete the lesson activity:
• Making text Bold, Italic and Underlined
• Changing the background color of a page
• Changing font size, style and color of text
• Inserting tables, columns and rows
• Formatting tables
• Inserting and formatting bullet points/lists
• Inserting and resizing images
• Inserting document columns
• Inserting headers and footers
• Changing Page Layout and Printing
• Performing a Spell Check
• Formatting text justification i.e. left, right, center and fully justify
My students have used this in the computer lab and they love the fact they can just complete the work with no teacher assistance.