Google Drive City Report- Going Paperless? This Google slides based interactive notebook contains a complete City Research Report perfect for Chromebooks, HP Streams, and other devices in a 1:1 classroom. Printable version included! This resources uses file sharing with Google or Microsoft OneDrive. Use these activities to engage students in a whole class, small group, or independent environment. This resource is also perfect for Homeschool students.
This original product is provided through web-based Google file sharing, contained on the Internet 'cloud' and allows you and your students to access, edit, and print files from any computer or device. Students work on their report template directly in the file on their device or computer. This product will also work with Microsoft OneDrive (instructions included!)
Templates are included to create, develop, write, edit, present, and assess your students’ City Research Report. This report (or performance task) is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned. Students will do all of their research via the Internet and print media (this is not included in this product). Our product is designed to assess and show what your students have learned and share it with you, their parents, and perhaps the class if you’d like them to present it.
A printable version of this report is also included in this product!
A simple rubric and student checklist is included.
You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the slides you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. This package contains the following City Research Report elements/questions:
Report Template includes:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided- City Name, Student name and date.
2. Which city did you choose and why did you choose it?
3. What is the location of your city, and describe its proximity to other major cities nearby.
4. Illustrate the city’s location.
5. What is your city’s population as of today?
6. What year was your city established, what is its history, and what are some interesting facts about this city.
7. Describe your city’s landforms. If there were not any buildings or homes, what would the terrain (land) look like?
8. Describe you city’s landmarks.
9. Illustrate the landmarks.
10. What is the weather like throughout the year in your city?
11. Describe your city’s government. Who are the mayor, and who are the leaders who help run the city?
12. What are the major types of transportation (cars, bikes, trains, subways, buses, etc.) in your city?
13. City helpers are very important to cities. What are your police people and fire people like in your city? Have you ever visited where these helpers work?
14. What are some fun activities that people like to do in your city?
15. What are the schools like in your city? Describe your school.
16. Are there any wild animals in your city? If so, how has their habitat changed?
17. Why do you think people choose to live in your city?
18. Compare and contrast your city with another city that interests you. What are their similarities and differences?
19. If you could interview one person in your city, who would it be and why would you like to interview this person?
20. Fast forward into the future and predict what your city will be like. What improvements or changes would you make and why would you make them?
21. Blank page to add to any of the questions if more room is needed.
22. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
23. A page to help your students find information for their report.
24. Resource Page and Bibliography Template- I use the Resource Page template because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
25. Note Taking page for students to take notes as they gather research on their city.
26. Rubrics- Performance Task for the Written Report
27. Blank Rubric
28. City Report Checklist for students to check if all performance tasks are completed and included.
29. Editing and Revising Checklist.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Planet Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
State Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Animal Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Biography Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Country Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Ocean Animal Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Volcano Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Native American Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Dinosaur Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Insect Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Earthquake Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Thirteen Colonies Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Digestive Excretory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Circulatory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Respiratory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
California Mission Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
California Gold Rush Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Autobiography Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Weather Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Water Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Ecology Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Reptile Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Plants Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Polar Animal Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Amphibian Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Reading Graphic Organizers For Google Drive and Google Classroom
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2016 The Teacher TeamTM
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Google.