Google Drive Earthquake Report- Going Paperless? This Google slides based interactive notebook contains a complete City Research Report perfect for Chromebooks, HP Streams, and other devices in a 1:1 classroom. Printable version included! This resources uses file sharing with Google or Microsoft OneDrive. Use these activities to engage students in a whole class, small group, or independent environment. This resource is also perfect for Homeschool students.
This original product is provided through web-based Google file sharing, contained on the Internet 'cloud' and allows you and your students to access, edit, and print files from any computer or device. Students work on their report template directly in the file on their device or computer. This product will also work with Microsoft OneDrive (instructions included!)
Templates are included to create, develop, write, edit, present, and assess your students’ Earthquake Research Report. This report (or performance task) is also designed to not only to learn and explain the new information, but answer some higher level thinking questions (Common Core Essential Questions) to apply the knowledge they have learned. Students will do all of their research via the Internet and print media (this is not included in this product). Our product is designed to assess and show what your students have learned and share it with you, their parents, and perhaps the class if you’d like them to present it.
A printable version of this report is also included in this product!
A simple rubric and student checklist is included.
You can use this report template in its entirety, or “pick and choose” the slides you wish to use and tailor it to your students’ needs. This package contains the following Earthquake Research Report elements/questions:
Report Template includes:
1. Title Page- Templates Provided-Topic, student’s name, and teacher’s name.
2. What is an earthquake?
3. There are three different types of faults; strike-slip, normal, and reverse (thrust) faults. Research them, describe them, and illustrate them.
4. Where do earthquakes occur and what are the relationships between plates, faults and earthquakes?
5. What is the Ring of Fire? Describe and illustrate.
6. What is liquefaction?
7. What are “P” waves and “S” waves?
8. What are aftershocks and foreshocks?
9. Can they currently be predicted? What current technology or research being done on this endeavor?
10. How are earthquakes measured and what is the Mercalli Scale of earthquake intensity?
11. How are tsunamis and earthquakes related?
12. Seismologists in California often discuss the probabilities of when “The Big One” will occur. Describe what they mean and why is it important?
13. The website “The United States Geological Survey” or usgs.gov, has real- time information about earthquakes. With permission from an adult, go onto this website and write about the information that can be found there.
14. Choose two major historical earthquakes that you are interested in and compare and contrast them. What are their similarities and differences?
15. If an 8.0 magnitude earthquake occurred in a major United States city tomorrow, what possible events could occur? Describe what you think the first day after the earthquake would be like.
16. How can people prepare for future earthquakes?
17. Additional Information page for any other facts not discussed in other areas of the report if needed.
18. Blank page to add to any of the questions if more room is needed.
19. A page to help your students find information for their report.
20. Resource Page and Bibliography Template- I use the Resource Page template because my students are not ready to learn the rules of a true bibliography, but if you teach bibliography skills I have included a template for you.
21. Note Taking page for students to take notes as they gather their research.
22. Rubrics- Performance Task for the Written Report
23. Blank Rubric
24. Earthquake Report Checklist for students to check if all performance tasks are completed and included.
25. Editing and Revising Checklist.
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Planet Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
State Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Animal Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Biography Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Country Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Ocean Animal Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Volcano Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Native American Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Dinosaur Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Insect Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
City Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Thirteen Colonies Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Digestive Excretory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Circulatory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Human Body Respiratory System Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
California Mission Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
California Gold Rush Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Autobiography Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Weather Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Water Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Ecology Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Reptile Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Plants Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Polar Animal Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Amphibian Report For Google Drive and Google Classroom
Reading Graphic Organizers For Google Drive and Google Classroom
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺
Copyright 2016 The Teacher TeamTM
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
DISCLAIMER: These materials were prepared by The Teacher Team and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Google.