Files, Folders, Sharing
• When you create a Doc, Sheet, Slide, Drawing
, it is saved to your My Drive
• You can move these documents into Folders
to help organize your files
• Folders help organize files
so that they can quickly be retrieved at a later date
work and Collaborating
on group projects are two helpful features of Google Drive
1. Accessing Google Drive
2. My Drive
3. New Folder
4. Find Files Quickly
5. Search Drive
6. List View vs. Grid View
7. Upload Files and Folders
8. File Options (Details and Activity, Get Sharable Link, Share File, Preview File, Remove)
9. More Actions (Open With, Move To, Add Star, Rename, View Details and Make a Copy)
10. Folders (Viewing and Coloring)
11. Share Options (Can Edit and Can View)
12. Google Form (Send, Add Collaborators)
13. Share as a Link
14. Protect Your Documents
• I have taught computers for over 12 years and I notice that many students do not know how to save documents to folders (even in Microsoft Office)
• Also, how you move/access files and folders in Google Drive is different than Microsoft Office
• Use this lesson to teach students about files, folders and sharing within Google Drive
This guide now includes more detailed instructions for sharing, levels of access and protecting your documents.
This guide now includes more detailed instructions for sharing and collaborating in Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms and Drawings.
This guide now includes instructions for recovering a deleted file.
A lesson plan (PDF and editable version) has been added to this resource.
I have completely redesigned this resource with all new screenshots and instruction bubbles to give it a fresh new look and to reflect the most recent version of Google Drive!
Click on the link below for a bundle of lessons and activities using Google Drive…
Google Drive Lessons Bundle
(Save over 50% by purchasing this bundle)
Google Drive Products
Google Drive Bundle
Google Drive Elementary Bundle
Holiday Pictures using Shapes in Google Drive
Google Form Rubrics
Google Drive Quiz/Investigation using Google Forms
Self Grading Quiz using Google Forms
Lesson Plans using Google Drive Sheets
Google Drive Kahoots
Google Drive for iPad Bundle
QR Codes using Google Sheets
Google Drive Word Search
Google Drive Infographics
Uploading Microsoft Office Files to Google Drive
Other Google Activities
Google My Maps
Google Image Search Tools
Google AdWords Lesson
A Google a Day Search Game
Purchase of this product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the internet or to other individuals.
Created by Gavin Middleton © TeachwithTech
TeachwithTech is not affiliated with Google
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within this lesson are the property of their respective trademark holders.
These trademark holders are not affiliated with TeachwithTech. They do not sponsor or endorse the contents, materials or processes discussed within this lesson.
Thanks for visiting my store! If you decide to make a purchase, please do not forget to leave feedback. I am very interested to read your thoughts about my products!
Also, don't forget to "FOLLOW" me for exciting new product announcements, sales, promotions and updates!