Google has added some new features to Google Drive
. This lesson includes screen shots and instructions to educate teachers and students about these updates so that they can utilize them in their classes.
1. Edit and Share Microsoft Office Files – Without Using Microsoft Office
2. New Activity Stream
3. Edit Files Offline
4. New Google Sheets
5. Edit images right in Google Slides and Drawings
A. EasyBib – Bibliography Creator
B. Mindmeister – Visual Mind Maps
• Create, share and collaboratively edit mind maps
• Add icons, images, notes, links and attachments
• Open, view and edit mind map files from Google Drive
• Export to Word, PowerPoint, PDF, image, MindManager and Freemind
This lesson contains screen shots and instruction bubbles to show teachers and students how to make Mind Maps using MindMeister.
Note: MindMeister is available through Google Drive. Instructions are included for accessing MindMeister in Google Drive.
C. WeVideo – Create Videos
• WeVideo is the leading online video creation platform for video editing, collaboration, and sharing across any device.
• Drag and drop your videos, trim and choose from pre-made themes to set a unique style.
• WeVideo allows you to easily create and share videos and short animations right in Google Drive.
This lesson contains screen shots and instruction bubbles to teach students how to use WeVideo to make amazing videos.
1. Accessing WeVideo
2. Import Images/Video
3. Drag Images/Video into Storyboard
4. Edit Video
5. Change Theme
6. Add Music
7. Apply Graphics
8. Publish Video
9. Video Topic Ideas
D. Kaizena – Add Voice and Text Comments to Students Work
E. Flippity – Flashcards
• Flippity.net offers teachers the ability to create online flash cards using information generated in a Google Spreadsheet.
• Flashcards are designed for gaining a rapid response from students when held up briefly by a teacher.
• Use Flippity to assess prior knowledge, for test preparation or to evaluate understanding after a lesson/unit.
This lesson contains step-by-step instructions for designing the cards in Google Sheets and then importing them into Flippity. These cards take minutes to create and this lesson will help guide you or your students through the process with visuals and instruction bubbles.
Activity: Have your students create their own flashcards and then test one another about course information!
F. OpenClipArt – 50,000 Copyright Free images
• OpenClipArt provides many amazing copyright free images
• There are more than 50,000 images in their library to enhance your document
• OpenClipArt is a new add-on for Google Drive
• Search for images and insert them right into your Google Document
• This guide will show you how to access OpenClipArt from a Google Document and how to insert images
• The people who have contributed images to OpenClipArt have waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to their contributions
G. Flubaroo – Create a Self-Graded Quiz
This lesson includes screen shots and step-by-step instruction bubbles to enable you to create a self-grading quiz using Google Forms and Flubaroo.
• Send a Google Form Quiz or Investigation to students to complete and then use Flubarooto grade the Quiz
• You do not need to grade the Quiz – Flubaroo will do it for you!
• Flubaroo is an add-on for Google Drive.
• Grade online assignments in under a minute!
• Get reporting and analysis on student performance!
• Email students their scores.
• All Electronic Documents– No Paper!
• Creating Quizzes, Tests and Investigations in Google Forms saves lots of time
• Easy to customize – add and delete questions
• It takes seconds to grade all of the assignments!
• Students are exposed to a variety of types of questions including Multiple Choice, which is used on many standardized tests
H. QR Code Generator for Google Sheets
This guide shows teachers and students how to create QR Codes in Google Drive using an add-on for Google Sheets called QR Code Generator
• A QR code (Quick Response Code) is a type of matrix barcode first designed for the automotive industry in Japan
• When scanned with a smartphone, tablet or laptop they will take you to a website, article, video, social media page and more
• All you need is a camera lens on your device and a free QR code scanning app
• QR Codes can be used for many classroom activities including website and video investigations
• QR Code Generator is an add-on for Google Sheets
• It allows you to generate QR codes directly from Google Spreadsheets
• Make multiple QR codes quickly and easily
• Teachers can create the codes themselves for activities or use this guide to show students how to create and share codes
I. CheckItOut - Keep Track of Classroom Items
• Use CheckItOut to keep track of digital devices, textbooks and other classroom items
• CheckItOut is an add-on for Google Drive Forms
• This add-on will create one question in Forms for items that are Checked-out and another question that are Checked-in
• When someone fills out the form, selected items will be moved between the two questions
• This guide shows you how to quickly install this add-on and create a Form to share with students to monitor which student has each device/item
Note: This lesson is also sold as part of a bundle. Click on the link below to view this bundle.
Google Drive Bundle
Purchase of this product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the internet or to other individuals.
Created by Gavin Middleton © TeachwithTech
TeachwithTech is not affiliated with Google.com
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within this lesson are the property of their respective trademark holders.
These trademark holders are not affiliated with TeachwithTech. They do not sponsor or endorse the contents, materials or processes discussed within this lesson.
Thanks for visiting my store! If you decide to make a purchase, please do not forget to leave feedback. I am very interested to read your thoughts about my products!
Also, don't forget to "FOLLOW" me for exciting new product announcements, sales, promotions and updates!
Google Drive Products
Google Drive Bundle
Google Drive Elementary Bundle
Holiday Pictures using Shapes in Google Drive
Google Form Rubrics
Google Drive Quiz/Investigation using Google Forms
Self Grading Quiz using Google Forms
Lesson Plans using Google Drive Sheets
Google Drive Kahoots
Google Drive for iPad Bundle
Google Drive Files, Folders and Sharing Lesson
QR Codes using Google Sheets
Google Drive Word Search
Google Drive Infographics
Uploading Microsoft Office Files to Google Drive
Other Google Activities
Google My Maps
Google Image Search Tools
Google AdWords Lesson
A Google a Day Search Game