Google has added some new updates, add-ons and features to Google Drive. This bundle of resources includes screenshots and instructions to educate teachers and students about these updates so that they can utilize them in their classes.
1. Flippity Flashcards
2. LucidChart Diagram Maker
3. MindMeister Mind Maps
4. OpenClipArt Clip Art Images
5. Word Cloud Generator
1. Flippity – Flashcards
• Flippity.net offers teachers the ability to create online flash cards using information generated in a Google Spreadsheet.
• Flashcards are designed for gaining a rapid response from students when held up briefly by a teacher.
• Use Flippity to assess prior knowledge, for test preparation or to evaluate understanding after a lesson/unit.
This lesson contains step-by-step instructions for designing the cards in Google Sheets and then importing them into Flippity. These cards take minutes to create and this lesson will help guide you or your students through the process with visuals and instruction bubbles.
Activity: Have your students create their own flashcards and then test one another about course information!
2. Lucidchart Diagram Maker
• This online diagram application makes it easy to sketch and share professional flowchart diagrams.
• Create a Free Account and make Basic Diagrams (up to 60 objects per document)
• Invite an unlimited number of collaborators
• These tutorial shows you how to use Lucidchart through Google Drive Docs
• Lucidchart is an add-on for Google Drive
• Use these step-by-step instructions to create your own diagrams
1. Setting up a free account
2. Installing Lucidchart as a Google Drive Docs Add-on
3. Creating New Diagrams
4. Choosing Shapes
5. Formatting the diagram (fonts, colors, page)
6. Connecting Ideas and concepts
7. The Menu Ribbon (File, Edit, View, Insert, Arrange, Share
8. Adding an image
9. Arranging objects on the canvas
* This guide includes 2 activities
Note: You will receive each of these lessons in PowerPoint (editable) and PDF formats
3. Mindmeister – Visual Mind Maps
• Create, share and collaboratively edit mind maps
• Add icons, images, notes, links and attachments
• Open, view and edit mind map files from Google Drive
• Export to Word, PowerPoint, PDF, image, MindManager and Freemind
This lesson contains screen shots and instruction bubbles to show teachers and students how to make Mind Maps using MindMeister.
Note: MindMeister is available through Google Drive. Instructions are included for accessing MindMeister in Google Drive.
4. OpenClipArt – 50,000 Copyright Free images
• OpenClipArt provides many amazing copyright free images
• There are more than 50,000 images in their library to enhance your document
• OpenClipArt is a new add-on for Google Drive
• Search for images and insert them right into your Google Document
• This guide will show you how to access OpenClipArt from a Google Document and how to insert images
• The people who have contributed images to OpenClipArt have waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to their contributions
5. Word Cloud Generator
This Google Drive add-on generates a downloadable word cloud of your documents
Some new advanced options…
1. Control over number of words
2. Prettifying the cloud
3. Dropping words
4. Word count table
This step-by-step guide shows teachers and students how to quickly install and use Word Cloud Generator within Google Drive
• Link to article about 5 Ways to Use Word Clouds in the Classroom
Purchase of this product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the internet or to other individuals.
Created by Gavin Middleton © TeachwithTech
TeachwithTech is not affiliated with Google.com
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within this lesson are the property of their respective trademark holders.
These trademark holders are not affiliated with TeachwithTech. They do not sponsor or endorse the contents, materials or processes discussed within this lesson.
Thanks for visiting my store! If you decide to make a purchase, please do not forget to leave feedback. I am very interested to read your thoughts about my products!
Also, don't forget to "FOLLOW" me for exciting new product announcements, sales, promotions and updates!
Google Drive Products
Google Drive Bundle
Google Drive Elementary Bundle
Holiday Pictures using Shapes in Google Drive
Google Form Rubrics
Google Drive Quiz/Investigation using Google Forms
Self Grading Quiz using Google Forms
Lesson Plans using Google Drive Sheets
Google Drive Kahoots
Google Drive for iPad Bundle
Google Drive Files, Folders and Sharing Lesson
QR Codes using Google Sheets
Google Drive Word Search
Google Drive Infographics
Uploading Microsoft Office Files to Google Drive
Google Sites Website Builder Activity
Drawing Activities Brochure Poster Business Cards
Pokemon Go Pictures using Shapes in Google Drawings
Google Quiz New Feature in Google Forms
Google Drawings using Shapes to Make a Minion
QR Codes using Google Sheets
Other Google Activities
Google My Maps
Google Image Search Tools
Google AdWords Lesson
A Google a Day Search Game