Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
• Create and share your work online and access your documents from anywhere.
• Manage documents, spreadsheets, presentations, surveys, and more all in one location.
• These Google programs are FREE.
• These lessons contains screen shots, activities, marking schemes, tips and instructions for using Documents, Slides, Sheets, Drawings and Forms within Google Drive.
* Documents is similar to Microsoft Word
* Slides is similar to Microsoft PowerPoint
* Sheets is similar to Microsoft Excel
* Drawings is similar to Microsoft Publisher
* Forms is a useful tool to help you plan events, send a survey or give students a quiz
You will receive most of these resources in both PowerPoint (editable) and PDF formats.
Save over 40% by purchasing this bundle!
The following is a suggested order for lessons/activities in this bundle. However, you may choose to do them in another order if you wish…
1. Files, Folders and Sharing within Google Drive
2. Google Docs
3. Google Slides
4. Google Sheets
5. Google Drawings
6. Google Forms
7. Updates and Add-ons in Drive
Note: Utilize the other resources in this bundle to help you create rubrics, templates and quizzes!
For each resource in this bundle...
1. Introduce each Google Drive topic by showing the slides containing screenshots and instruction bubbles to your students so they will learn where and how to access the features in each program. (approximately 10 - 15 minutes)
2. Share the lessons and activities through Google Drive or Google Classroom with your students
3. Students will work individually or in groups on the attached activities
Google Drive Updates, Add-ons and Extra Features
1. Flippity Flashcards
2. Google EDU Templates
3. Google Form Rubrics
4. Google Quiz Feature
5. Mindmeister Mind Maps
6. QR Code Generator
7. Uploading Office Files to Google Drive
8. Google Drive Infographic
9. Google Drive Kahoots
NOTE ABOUT UPDATES: This bundle is regularly updated. After your purchase, you can access the free updates under your "my purchases" tab each time this bundle is updated.
DESCRIPTIONS OF RESOURCES IN THIS BUNDLE...
• Create and share your work online and access your documents from anywhere
• This resource contains screen shots, tips, activities and instructions for setting up a free account and creating/editing Documents using Google drive. Activities include formatting a table, setting up a page and an about me poster.
• These lessons and activities contains screenshots, tips and instructions for using Presentations within Google Drive. It also includes 7 activities students can do using Google Slides along with Marking Schemes.
• This resource contains screenshots, tips, activities and instructions for using Spreadsheets within Google Drive. It also includes a series of activities.
• Google Forms is a useful tool to help you plan events, send a survey or give students a quiz
This lesson and activity contains screen shots, instructions, an activity and marking scheme to enable teachers and students to use Google Forms.
• Easily create, share, and edit drawings online
• Edit drawings online in real time with anyone you choose
• Insert text, shapes, arrows, scribbles, and images from your computer
• Insert drawings into other Google documents, spreadsheets, or presentations
These lessons and activities include screenshots and instructions to enable teachers and students to use Google Drawings. Activities include creating Movie Characters using shapes in Google Drawings!
Files, Folders, Sharing and Collaborating
• When you create a Doc, Sheet, Slide, Drawing or Form, it is saved to your My Drive
• You can move these documents into Folders to help organize your files
• Folders help organize files so that they can quickly be retrieved at a later date
• Sharing work and Collaborating on group projects are two helpful features of Google Drive
• Grid View, Sort Options, Hide Details, Settings, Preview
• Creating Folders
• Moving Files to a Folder
• Location of Folders
• Changing Colors of Folders
• Viewing Files in a Folder
Sharing and Collaborating
• Viewing Files “Shared with Me”
• Adding Collaborators
I have taught computers for over 12 years and I notice that many students do not know how to save documents to folders (even in Microsoft Office)
• Also, how you move/access files and folders in Google Drive is different than Microsoft Office
• Use this lesson to teach students about files, folders and sharing within Google Drive
Google Drive Updates and Add-ons…
1. Flippity Flashcards using Google Sheets
• Flippity.net offers teachers the ability to create online flash cards using information generated in a Google Spreadsheet.
• Flashcards are designed for gaining a rapid response from students when held up briefly by a teacher.
• Use Flippity to assess prior knowledge, for test preparation or to evaluate understanding after a lesson/unit.
This lesson contains step-by-step instructions for designing the cards in Google Sheets and then importing them into Flippity. These cards take minutes to create and this lesson will help guide you or your students through the process with visuals and instruction bubbles.
Activity: Have your students create their own flashcards and then test one another about course information!
2. Google Education Templates Guide
• Google has developed a series of Education Templates to use with Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms
• Teachers and Students can use these layouts to help them quickly create beautiful educational documents
• This guide shows what the templates look like and where and how to access them in each program
• Essay, Report, Book Report, Class Notes, Lesson Plans
• Worksheet, Exit Ticket, Course Evaluation, Assessment
• Attendance, Grade Book
• Lesson Plan, Book Report, Field Trip, Science Project, Science Fair, Student Certificate
Note: You will receive this guide in both PowerPoint (editable) and PDF versions
UPDATE: Google recently added a student certificate template. I have added a guide for accessing and editing this template.
3. Google Form Rubrics
This resource shows teachers how to create, complete and send rubrics to students using Google Forms. This guide utilizes easy to follow step-by-step instructions and screenshots. This allows teachers to mark projects/activities and send results to students directly in Google Drive.
Note: This resource does not contain rubrics but rather shows you how to create your own individualized rubrics within Google Forms
• The two types of Google Form questions that are effective for creating rubrics are are multiple-choice grid and linear scale
• You can convert an existing rubric into an image and add it to your Google Form rubric
• You can print out or send the completed form data to students via email by viewing the responses in Sheets
4. Google Drive Quiz Feature
Google added a New Feature to Google Forms for teachers so that you can now create a quiz directly in Google Forms. This guide shows you how to use this new feature through easy to follow step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
• You can create a quiz with correct and incorrect answers for questions with multiple choices, checkboxes or drop-down options
• Give students quick feedback with auto-marked questions
• Useful insight into class performance (Average, Median and Range)
1. Make a New Quiz
2. Change an Existing Form into a Quiz
3. Assign Point Values to Questions
4. Add Feedback for Incorrect and Correct Answers
5. Send Quiz to Students
6. View Responses
5. MindMeister Mind Maps
• Create, share and collaboratively edit mind maps
• Add icons, images, notes, links and attachments
• Open, view and edit mind map files from Google Drive
• Export to Word, PowerPoint, PDF, image, MindManager and Freemind
This lesson contains screen shots and instruction bubbles to show teachers and students how to make Mind Maps using MindMeister.
Note: MindMeister is available through Google Drive. Instructions are included for accessing MindMeister in Google Drive.
6. QR Code Generator
This guide shows teachers and students how to create QR Codes in Google Drive using an add-on for Google Sheets called QR Code Generator
• A QR code (Quick Response Code) is a type of matrix barcode first designed for the automotive industry in Japan
• When scanned with a smartphone, tablet or laptop they will take you to a website, article, video, social media page and more
• All you need is a camera lens on your device and a free QR code scanning app
• QR Codes can be used for many classroom activities including website and video investigations
• QR Code Generator is an add-on for Google Sheets
• It allows you to generate QR codes directly from Google Spreadsheets
• Make multiple QR codes quickly and easily
• Teachers can create the codes themselves for activities or use this guide to show students how to create and share codes
7. Uploading Office Files to Google Drive
• This lesson includes step-by-step instructions and screenshots for uploading a Microsoft Office Document (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) into Google Drive.
• You can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
• Once you've edited a Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides file, you can then save and share it with others.
• It also includes a video link to learn how to add the Google Drive Plugin for Microsoft Office.
• With this plugin, you can now edit your Office files stored in Google Drive directly in Microsoft Office!
8. Google Drive Infographic
Use this infographic to introduce Google Drive to students and teachers. It briefly describes the features in Google Drive including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms and Drawings using images and graphics. The layout was designed using Piktochart.com infographic software.
Benefits of Google Drive…
• Access documents anywhere
• Invite others to collaborate
• These programs are free
• Keep your files safe
• Add-Ons and Updates (Flippity Flash Cards, WeVideo, Mindmeister Mind Maps)
9. Google Drive Kahoots
• Kahoot is a game-based classroom response system
• Create and play quizzes, discussions and surveys using any device with a web browser
• Motivate participation through game-based learning and rewards in a social setting
• This resource contains instructions for accessing My Free Public Kahoots about Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms
Students Love Kahoot!
• I know students love this game from the feedback I receive from other teachers and from my own experience with using Kahoot.
New Lessons and Activities added to this bundle…
A. About Me Poster
Students will create a poster about themselves in Google Drawings.
1. Accessing Google Drawings in Google Drive
2. Using Google images to find and save images to computer
3. Word Art
4. Fonts, Fill Color, Line Color
5. Uploading Images
6. Text Box
Note: Students exemplars and a teacher recording sheet are included.
• Getting to know students in a computers class can sometimes be more difficult than a regular classroom
• Students will create an “About Me” poster in Google Drawings
• As students are working you can move around the room and learn some things about each student
• The purpose of this exercise is so that you will be able to learn more about your students and students will become more proficient at formatting and adding images, textboxes and Word art to a Google Drawing document.
• Use the attached sheet to record a few points about each student (unique attributes)
B. Google DOCS Page Setup and WordArt
This tutorial shows students how to set up their pages in Google Docs and use Word Art.
1. Page Orientation
2. Paper Size
3. Page Color
5. Page Number
1. Path to access Word Art
2. Fill Color
3. Line Color
4. Line Weight
This bundle is regularly updated. You can access the free updates under your "my purchases" tab each time it is updated.
UPDATE #1: Lessons for the new Google Add-ons and Updates have been added.
1. Google Drive Infographic
2. Google Drive - Files, Folders and Sharing Lesson
3. Google Drive Kahoots
UPDATE #3: A new lesson/activity has been created for Google Forms (new screen shots and instructions) as Google updated the layout of this program. Also, New Covers have been added to all lessons in this bundle. Instructions are still included for the older version of Forms as some people have not migrated to the new version or prefer to use the older version. You can easily switch back and forth between the newer and older versions of Forms with the press of a button.
UPDATE #4: A Google Sheet Football Activity has been added to this bundle.
UPDATE #5: Lesson Plans for teaching Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms and Drawings have been added to this bundle.
UPDATE #6: New covers have been added to Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms and Drawings
UPDATE #7: (MAJOR UPDATE!!!) I redesigned the Docs, Sheets and Slides lessons in this bundle with new screenshots and instruction bubbles. I also added several new activities to Google Sheets.
Purchase of this product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the internet or to other individuals.
Created by Gavin Middleton © TeachwithTech
TeachwithTech is not affiliated with Google.com
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within these lessons are the property of their respective trademark holders.
These trademark holders are not affiliated with TeachwithTech. They do not sponsor or endorse the contents, materials or processes discussed within these lessons.
Images purchased from istockphoto.com and depositphoto.com
Thanks for visiting my store! If you decide to make a purchase, please do not forget to leave feedback. I am very interested to read your thoughts about my products!
Also, don't forget to "FOLLOW" me for exciting new product announcements, sales, promotions and updates!