• Create and share your work online and access your documents from anywhere.
• Manage documents, spreadsheets, presentations, surveys, and more all in one location.
• These Google programs are FREE.
• These lessons contains screen shots, activities, marking schemes, tips and instructions for using Documents
within Google Drive.
* Documents is similar to Microsoft Word
* Slides is similar to Microsoft PowerPoint
* Sheets is similar to Microsoft Excel
* Drawings is similar to Microsoft Publisher
* Forms is a useful tool to help you plan events, send a survey or give students a quiz
You will receive these lessons in both PowerPoint and PDF formats.
* Save $8 by purchasing this bundle
: Lessons for the new Google Add-ons and Updates have been added.
1. Edit Files Offline
2. Edit and Share Microsoft Office Files – Without using Microsoft Office
3. New Activity Stream
• EasyBib – Bibliography Creator
• Mindmeister – Visual Mind Map
• WeVideo – Create Videos
• Kaizena – Add Voice and Text Comments to Students Work
• Flippity - Flashcards
• OpenClipArt - 50,000 Copyright Free Images
• Flubaroo – Create a Self-Graded Quiz
• QR Code Generator for Google Sheets
5. New Google Sheets
6. Edit images right in Google Drive or Drawings
1. Google Drive Infographic
2. Google Drive - Files, Folders and Sharing Lesson
3. Google Drive Kahoots
UPDATE Feb 2016
: A new lesson/activity has been created for Google Forms (new screen shots and instructions) as Google updated the layout of this program. Also, New Covers have been added to all lessons in this bundle. Instructions are still included for the older version of Forms as some people have not migrated to the new version or prefer to use the older version. You can easily switch back and forth between the newer and older versions of Forms with the press of a button.
• Create and share your work online and access your documents from anywhere
• This lesson contains screen shots, tips, activities and instructions for setting up a free account and creating/editing Documents
using Google drive.
• This lesson and activity contains screen shots, tips and instructions for using Presentations
within Google Drive. It also includes 2 activities students can do using Google Slides along with Marking Schemes.
• This lesson and activity contains screen shots, tips, activities and instructions for using Spreadsheets
within Google Drive.
• Google Forms is a useful tool to help you plan events, send a survey or give students a quiz
This lesson and activity contains screen shots, instructions, an activity and marking scheme to enable teachers and students to use Google Forms
• Easily create, share, and edit drawings online
• Edit drawings online in real time with anyone you choose
• Insert text, shapes, arrows, scribbles, and images from your computer
• Insert drawings into other Google documents, spreadsheets, or presentations
This lesson and activity includes screen shots
to enable teachers and students to use Google Drawings.
Files, Folders, Sharing and Collaborating
• When you create a Doc, Sheet, Slide, Drawing
, it is saved to your My Drive
• You can move these documents into Folders
to help organize your files
• Folders help organize files
so that they can quickly be retrieved at a later date
work and Collaborating
on group projects are two helpful features of Google Drive
• Grid View, Sort Options, Hide Details, Settings, Preview
• Creating Folders
• Moving Files to a Folder
• Location of Folders
• Changing Colors of Folders
• Viewing Files in a Folder
Sharing and Collaborating
• Viewing Files “Shared with Me”
• Adding Collaborators
• I have taught computers for over 12 years and I notice that many students do not know how to save documents to folders (even in Microsoft Office)
• Also, how you move/access files and folders in Google Drive is different than Microsoft Office
• Use this lesson to teach students about files, folders and sharing within Google Drive
Google Drive Updates and Add-ons…
QR Code Generator
This guide shows teachers and students how to create QR Codes
in Google Drive
using an add-on
for Google Sheets called QR Code Generator
• A QR code
(Quick Response Code) is a type of matrix barcode first designed for the automotive industry in Japan
• When scanned with a smartphone, tablet or laptop they will take you to a website, article, video, social media page and more
• All you need is a camera lens on your device and a free QR code scanning app
• QR Codes can be used for many classroom activities including website and video investigations
• QR Code Generator
is an add-on for Google Sheets
• It allows you to generate QR codes directly from Google Spreadsheets
• Make multiple QR codes quickly and easily
• Teachers can create the codes themselves for activities or use this guide to show students how to create and share codes
Flippity Flashcards using Google Sheets
• Flippity.net offers teachers the ability to create online flash cards using information generated in a Google Spreadsheet.
• Flashcards are designed for gaining a rapid response from students when held up briefly by a teacher.
• Use Flippity to assess prior knowledge, for test preparation or to evaluate understanding after a lesson/unit.
This lesson contains step-by-step instructions for designing the cards in Google Sheets and then importing them into Flippity. These cards take minutes to create and this lesson will help guide you or your students through the process with visuals and instruction bubbles.
Activity: Have your students create their own flashcards and then test one another about course information!
provides many amazing copyright free
• There are more than 50,000 images
in their library to enhance your document
• OpenClipArt is a new add-on
for Google Drive
• Search for images and insert them right into your Google Document
• This guide will show you how to access OpenClipArt
from a Google Document and how to insert images
• The people who have contributed images to OpenClipArt have waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to their contributions
MindMeister Mind Maps
• Create, share and collaboratively edit mind maps
• Add icons, images, notes, links and attachments
• Open, view and edit mind map files from Google Drive
• Export to Word, PowerPoint, PDF, image, MindManager and Freemind
This lesson contains screen shots and instruction bubbles to show teachers and students how to make Mind Maps
Note: MindMeister is available through Google Drive
. Instructions are included for accessing MindMeister in Google Drive.
WeVideo Video Editing
• WeVideo is the leading online video creation platform for video editing, collaboration, and sharing across any device.
• Drag and drop your videos, trim and choose from pre-made themes to set a unique style.
• WeVideo allows you to easily create and share videos and short animations right in Google Drive.
This lesson contains screen shots and instruction bubbles to teach students how to use WeVideo to make amazing videos.
1. Accessing WeVideo
2. Import Images/Video
3. Drag Images/Video into Storyboard
4. Edit Video
5. Change Theme
6. Add Music
7. Apply Graphics
8. Publish Video
9. Video Topic Ideas
Creating a Self-Grading Quiz using Google Forms and Flubaroo
This lesson includes screen shots
and step-by-step instruction bubbles
to enable you to create a self-grading quiz using Google Forms and Flubaroo.
• Send a Google Form Quiz or Investigation to students to complete and then use Flubaroo
to grade the Quiz
• You do not need to grade the Quiz – Flubaroo will do it for you!
• Flubaroo is an add-on
for Google Drive.
• Grade online assignments in under a minute!
• Get reporting and analysis on student performance!
• Email students their scores.
• All Electronic Documents– No Paper!
• Creating Quizzes, Tests and Investigations in Google Forms saves lots of time
• Easy to customize – add and delete questions
• It takes seconds to grade all of the assignments!
• Students are exposed to a variety of types of questions including Multiple Choice, which is used on many standardized tests
Google Drive Extras…
Google Drive Infographic
Use this infographic to introduce Google Drive to students and teachers. It briefly describes the features in Google Drive including Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms and Drawings using images and graphics. The layout was designed using Piktochart.com infographic software.
Benefits of Google Drive…
• Access documents anywhere
• Invite others to collaborate
• These programs are free
• Keep your files safe
• Add-Ons and Updates (Flippity Flash Cards, WeVideo, Mindmeister Mind Maps)
Google Drive Kahoots
• Kahoot is a game-based classroom response system
• Create and play quizzes, discussions and surveys using any device with a web browser
• Motivate participation through game-based learning and rewards in a social setting
• This resource contains instructions for accessing My Free Public Kahoots
about Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms
Students Love Kahoot!
• I know students love this game from the feedback I receive from other teachers and from my own experience with using Kahoot.
New Lessons and Activities added to this bundle…
About Me Poster
Students will create a poster about themselves in Google Drawings.
1. Accessing Google Drawings in Google Drive
2. Using Google images to find and save images to computer
3. Word Art
4. Fonts, Fill Color, Line Color
5. Uploading Images
6. Text Box
Note: Students exemplars and a teacher recording sheet are included.
• Getting to know students in a computers class can sometimes be more difficult than a regular classroom
• Students will create an “About Me” poster in Google Drawings
• As students are working you can move around the room and learn some things about each student
• The purpose of this exercise is so that you will be able to learn more about your students and students will become more proficient at formatting and adding images, textboxes and Word art to a Google Drawing document.
• Use the attached sheet to record a few points about each student (unique attributes)
Google DOCS Page Setup and WordArt
This tutorial shows students how to set up their pages in Google Docs and use Word Art.
1. Page Orientation
2. Paper Size
3. Page Color
5. Page Number
1. Path to access Word Art
2. Fill Color
3. Line Color
4. Line Weight
Google Drive New Quiz Feature
Google added a New Feature to Google Forms for teachers so that you can now create a quiz directly in Google Forms.
This guide shows you how to use this new feature through easy to follow step-by-step instructions and screenshots.
• You can create a quiz with correct and incorrect answers for questions with multiple choices, checkboxes or drop-down options
• Give students quick feedback with auto-marked questions
• Useful insight into class performance (Average, Median and Range)
1. Make a New Quiz
2. Change an Existing Form into a Quiz
3. Assign Point Values to Questions
4. Add Feedback for Incorrect and Correct Answers
5. Send Quiz to Students
6. View Responses
Google Form Rubrics
This resource shows teachers how to create, complete and send rubrics to students using Google Forms. This guide utilizes easy to follow step-by-step instructions and screenshots. This allows teachers to mark projects/activities and send results to students directly in Google Drive.
Note: This resource does not contain rubrics but rather shows you how to create your own individualized rubrics within Google Forms
• The two types of Google Form questions that are effective for creating rubrics are are multiple-choice grid and linear scale
• You can convert an existing rubric into an image and add it to your Google Form rubric
• You can print out or send the completed form data to students via email by viewing the responses in Sheets
Purchase of this product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the internet or to other individuals.
Created by Gavin Middleton © TeachwithTech
TeachwithTech is not affiliated with Google.com
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within these lessons are the property of their respective trademark holders.
These trademark holders are not affiliated with TeachwithTech. They do not sponsor or endorse the contents, materials or processes discussed within these lessons.
Cover iPhone image - extended license purchased from istockphoto.com
Thanks for visiting my store! If you decide to make a purchase, please do not forget to leave feedback. I am very interested to read your thoughts about my products!
Also, don't forget to "FOLLOW" me for exciting new product announcements, sales, promotions and updates!
Google Drive Products
Google Drive Bundle
Google Drive Elementary Bundle
Holiday Pictures using Shapes in Google Drive
Google Form Rubrics
Google Drive Quiz/Investigation using Google Forms
Self Grading Quiz using Google Forms
Lesson Plans using Google Drive Sheets
Google Drive Kahoots
Google Drive for iPad Bundle
Google Drive Files, Folders and Sharing Lesson
QR Codes using Google Sheets
Google Drive Word Search
Google Drive Infographics
Uploading Microsoft Office Files to Google Drive
Other Google Activities
Google My Maps
Google Image Search Tools
Google AdWords Lesson
A Google a Day Search Game