Also included in
- This HUGE bundle includes everything that you need for a fun, engaging, technology infused, inquiry based unit on Canadian History!What is Included?• Museum of Canadian History Project Based Learning (Digital and PDF Versions)• Canadian History Interactive Notebook (PDF and Digital Versions)• Canadi$29.00$44.00Save $15.00
Are your students learning about the Famous Five Canadian Women who fought in for women's rights? This product is to be used with Google Drive, Google Classroom or Microsoft One. Perfect for 1:1 classrooms and going paperless! I originally designed it to teach students about Canada’s Famous Five Women: Nellie McClung, Henrietta Muir Edwards, Irene Parlby, Louise McKinney and Emily Murphy.
Students will first work in small groups, using the websites provided, to research one of the Famous Five. After organizing their research on the interactive Google Slides document, students will display their knowledge in a Google Slides presentation. Finally, each group will present to the class and the audience members will take notes on the provided digital organizer. In this manner, each student will learn about one member of the Famous Five in detail and will get an overview of the other four.
What is Included?
• Teacher Guide
• Student Instructions
• Research Questions
• A list of websites
• Two Rubrics (one to assess the research and one to assess the presentation)
• One interactive digital self assessment (to assess the Social Studies objectives listed below)
• Digital Note Organizer
Looking for the PAPER version of this product? Click here.
The following outcomes from the Grade 5 Alberta Program of Studies are assessed:
5.3.3 assess, critically, how the Famous Five brought about change in Canada by exploring and reflecting upon the following questions and issues:
• Who were the Famous Five? (LPP, TCC)
• How did they identify the need for change in Canadian laws? (C, I, PADM)
• How did the changes brought on by their actions affect individual rights in Canada?
English Language Arts:
• Summarize important ideas in oral, print and other media texts and express opinions about them
• Develop and follow own plan for gathering and recording ideas and information
• Locate information to answer research questions
• Use a variety of tools, such as chapter headings, glossaries and encyclopedia guide words, to access information
• Skim, scan and listen for key words and phrases
• Determine the usefulness and relevance of information for research purpose and focus, using pre-established criteria
• Use clear organizational structures, such as chronological order, and cause and effect, to link ideas and information and to assist audience understanding
• Organize ideas and information to emphasize key points for the audience
• Add, delete or combine ideas to communicate more effectively
• Record information in own words
• Combine ideas and information from several sources
• Record ideas and information in relevant categories, according to a research plan
• Communicate ideas and information in a variety of oral, print and other media texts, such as illustrated reports, charts, graphic displays and travelogues
• Select visuals, print and/or other media to inform and engage the audience
• Assess personal research skills, using pre-established criteria
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask in the Q&A section and don’t forget to check out the preview!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to
login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and
leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you
feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your
feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your
classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and
click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates
about Chocolate Covered Classroom Creations! ☺