The download includes a 3 page pdf file with the download link, explanation of atlas, placemark, & webpage features
This overlay shows Europe in the Interwar Period in 1925.
This map & associated shape files work primarily in Google Earth, *not* Google Maps. They can load into Google Maps, but some of the functionality may be lost.
The map includes shape files for each European country and placemarks with the following information:
- Proper Country Name
- Official flag
- Head of State & Head of Government names
- Information on the borders of the country: when they were established, what treaties established them, etc
- Short narrative of the country during that year and the previous years back to 1919-1920
- Each placemark has at least two links to more information about the country. Other links are scattered throughout the placemark to primary & secondary sources
- The placemark is linked to a website (http://mapsforeducation.wordpress.com) where these many more resources are shared. These resources include vetted websites (.org, .edu, .gov, other national & international governmental or institutional websites), videos, & lesson plans. each entry in the website is tagged to specific Tennessee state world history & geography standards.