Also included in
- This 10 lesson bundle provides plenty of variety and interesting, immersive activities for your students. It is priced to save you 30% off buying each of the products individually. I have been giving these assignments to beginners of Google Sheets and they have worked extremely well. Each lesson$39.90$58.50Save $18.60
- This bundle provides 14 immersive, engaging and fun lessons for beginners of G-Suite for Education (formerly known as Google Apps for Education). The focus of the lessons is predominantly on Google Docs and Google Sheets, with a final project that also sprinkles in some Google Slides and Google Map$49.00$80.50Save $31.50
- This product will take your students from Google Sheets novices to intermediate users using 16 clearly written, classroom tested lessons. It is priced to save you 35% off buying each of the products individually. This bundle is a combination of my Beginner and Intermediate bundles. Save money by$58.00$89.95Save $31.95
This is a great lesson for working on slightly more complex math in Google Sheets using some common basketball stats. Here, students enter some fictional data for an NBA team and calculate things such as Field Goal %, Free Throw %, Rebounds Per Game and Points Per Game. Students must use some order of operations and brackets to make the math work out properly.
A valuable shortcut called "Filling Down" is demonstrated so that students can click and drag to quickly reuse the functions and avoid retyping. Students also review basic formatting in Google Sheets including changing fonts, colors, etc...
There are a few options for instructions:
1) Online instructions - Rich, interactive instructions which include a linked Table of Contents available from every page, access to some video instruction, detailed screenshots, and excellent document navigation options. There is also some limited animation of titles to increase student interest in the instructions. These instructions are available from any device that connects to the internet and will work in any browser, so they would be accessible from home for the students. The link to the online instructions is included in the Teacher's Manual.
2) Interactive PDF instructions - Includes all the bells and whistles of the online instructions except for the limited animation and availability.
3) Paper instructions - The Interactive PDF instructions can be printed.
Google Sheets is basically like an online version of Excel. It is a great alternative to Excel in that it allows for student collaboration and for students to access their work wherever they have an internet connection!
Please feel free to contact me with questions or comments regarding this assignment! I hope that you find it useful and I look forward to hearing from you.
Included in this package:
- a teacher's manual in PDF form which includes setup options, teacher tips (links to video tips included), and information about all lesson materials.
- access to the above mentioned online instructions from the teacher's manual.
- an interactive PDF version of the instructions.
- access to an example answer in Google Sheets from the teacher's manual.
- an image which contains the legend for all the statistics. Students import this legend image into their spreadsheets.
- Take the time to do this activity yourself prior to presenting to the students so you are familiar with the steps.
- Read through the teacher's manual for additional tips and tricks.
This lesson is part of the Google Sheets Bundle that I offer which you can find at:
It is also included in my Google Drive Bundle (Google Docs & Google Sheets bundles combined):
Others you might like: