Introduce students to the 6 characteristics of living things with this engaging interactive lesson! Assign the presentation for students to go through individually OR present it to the whole class. The presentation includes links to several brief and interesting videos, so kids are ENGAGED the whole time. Each section has a brief "check for understanding" question, too.
Please click VIEW PREVIEW (above) to see the entire presentation!
The 6 characteristics of life presented are:
- Made of cells
- Grow and develop
- Reproduce and pass on traits to offspring
- Respond to their internal environment and external environment
- Obtain and use energy to grow, move, and process information
- Made of organic molecules (proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, and nucleic acids)
- You may also be interested in our Interactive Homeostasis Lesson.
- This presentation works well as either a whole-class, teacher-led activity OR used by students individually.
- Answer key to the embedded questions is included on the last slide.
- This presentation is fully editable to fit your curriculum.
- Do you prefer to use PowerPoint? We offer this presentation as a PPT HERE.
Please consider clicking HERE to follow Elevation Science on TPT!