Digital ecosystems activity for Google Classroom!
This GOOGLE SLIDES activity provides detailed, step-by-step instructions for students to both choose organisms for their food web and then enter them onto an energy pyramid. The website has great pictures and interesting information on a huge variety of North American forest creatures, so students learn more about the natural world as they reinforce their understanding of energy flow in ecosystems.
Because the organisms are all student-chosen, this activity leads to high engagement!
The lesson progress as follows:
- Students choose their top predator from a provided list.
- Students discover the food chain that their chosen animal is a part of.
- Students enter the organisms in the food chain onto a digital energy pyramid.
- Students answer follow-up analysis questions.
To complete this activity, students will need prior knowledge of the following terms: food web, food chain, energy pyramid, heterotroph, autotroph, carnivore, omnivore, and herbivore.
- Answer key included.
- Please note that this resource is not editable.
- A copy link to this Google Slides activity is provided within the PDF you'll download with purchase.
- For a similar activity in paper-based PDF form, click HERE.
Please consider clicking HERE to follow Elevation Science on TPT!