This 54 page Google Classroom activity will have your students spelling sight words and practicing addition right in Google Slides! Students will read and spell the Dolch Primer sight words, and then adding up the numbers on the tiles to find the word's value! Perfect for a Kindergarten or First Grade digital classroom!
I have so many students in my class that are mathematically inclined but struggle with sight words… this game is the best way I’ve found to use their passion for math to get them excited about sight words! And it’s great to use as an independent center/station! The letter tiles at the bottom of the page have the same value as Scrabble tiles typically do, so this can even help them practice their board game skills!
WHAT WORDS ARE INCLUDED?
The words included are the Dolch Primer Words, which are often used as Kindergarten and 1st Grade Sight Words:
• all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes
WHAT SKILLS WILL THIS GAME HELP MY STUDENTS DEVELOP?
This Google Classroom activity is a great way to have your students:
• Read a variety of high-frequency words
• Spell a variety of high-frequency words
• Practice basic addition
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PDF FILE?
This PDF file contains the following:
• A video that shows students how to play the game
• A link to the activity in Google Slides
• Directions on how to copy and use the file
• Instructions (with pictures) showing how to assign the activity to students in Google Classroom
LOOKING FOR OTHER DOLCH SIGHT WORDS?
Additional Google Slides word value games for the Dolch sight words can be found here:
• Sight Word Addition: Dolch Pre-Primer Words
• Sight Word Addition: Dolch 1st Grade Words
• Sight Word Addition: Dolch 2nd Grade Words
• Sight Word Addition: Dolch 3rd Grade Words
LOOKING FOR A DISCOUNT?
Save 30% by getting this game as part of a Google Slides Sight Word Addition BUNDLE
DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS FOR THIS GAME?
If you like the game but don’t use Google Classroom, check out these word value games for the Smartboard
Purchasing this item gives you permission to use this item in your own classroom. This product may not be redistributed to others. Furthermore, the Google Slides templates included in this resource are for your personal use and may not be used to create or distribute something new.
This Google Slides resource is not affiliated with Google LLC, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Google, LLC.
A Turn to Learn