These Reading Strategies accompany the iTunes storybook app "Gorilla Band."
iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gorilla-band-3d-story-book/id662788357?mt=8
**Listed by Apple as a 'New & Noteworthy' app**
**Awarded QED Seal of Approval for 'Quality, Excellence, Design' from the Digital Book World Awards, 2014**
#1 iPad Book (Australia) & ranked in 153 app stores globally at launch.
"Another interactive tale with a musical theme swings into young readers hearts" - Digital Storytime
"The 3D type graphics as well as teaching about music are dazzling!" - AppyMall
"Teachers With Apps hasn't seen kids this excited about a new app in quite some time! And they have every right to be, this app is spectacular - an absolutely adorable storybook with endearing characters." - TeachersWithApps
Building on the success & scenery of Ten Giggly Gorillas, which was 1 of just 5 finalists in the kids app category at the Publishing Innovation Awards in 2013 and awarded a QED seal of approval for Quality, Excellence, Design. Gorilla Band showcases an immersive, 3D jungle-world where cute gorillas learn to play various instruments and form a band.
Crafted with touch screens in mind, this story invites readers to play an active role in the narrative, delivering a sensory experience that is deeply engaging, entertaining and educational for early readers. Sure to delight and entertain for hours!
* Dazzling 3D world and effects
* Read myself or ‘Read to me’ options with text highlighting
* Delay interactions option so kids enjoy the words first
* Bonus studio section which helps children identify instruments by sound and name
* Bonus interactions and surprises on every page
* Evocative Aussie bush sound effects
* 2 original soundtracks (1 upbeat and 1 for bedtime)
* World class standards in family-friendliness
* Parental controls
* Watch our video preview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsiFL6SU6r0
* See the Gorilla Band Dance or ‘do the GBD’ here:
Educational benefits aligned with Core Knowledge Curriculum and many Common Core Standards, including
- Development of phonological awareness, recognition of rhyme and text directionality
- Development of emergent literacy
- Practice with fine motor coordination
- Practice with gross motor coordination (Gorilla Band Dance)
- Recognize instruments by sight and sound including guitar, piano, trumpet, flute, violin and drum
- Stimulate imagination
Designed for preschoolers through kindergarten (2-6 years) to enjoy with their parents, grandparents or teachers.