These materials are meant to provide a brief introduction to Gothic horror and are also useful during Halloween! I have provided a variety of multi media resources including two short animated videos and a ‘Prezi’ (like a Powerpoint but more fun!) along with associated quizzes and texts as a PDF resource which can be tailored to the needs of the students.
The materials can be printed out and used in a multi media classroom, and the Prezi can be downloaded and installed on a computer for ease of use. Alternatively, copies of the PDF, which contains links to all online materials, can be purchased for students to install on their own computers so they can access everything directly.
# The Jekyll and Hyde short video is a part of this Gothic Horror resource and is now available in the new TPT video category.
me for more lessons like this on my TPT store.
The lesson contains;
1. PDF student and teacher documents that give an outline of the history of Gothic horror stories and the elements that are recognized as important to the genre.
2. A link on the PDF worksheet to view online the Prezi which contains 9 slides that describe the elements of a Gothic story visually with humorous speech bubbles and full narration.
3. One of the videos - Jekyll and Hyde is now available on TPT. However the links to both animated videos still remain. There are learning materials for new vocabulary, listening and reading comprehension quizzes along with a comic writing exercise.
4. A set of teachers notes and quiz answers along with a contact e.mail for enquiries.
5. As of Sept 9th 2013 I have added a bonus set of materials to this, which is also a separate product in my store known as 'Elements of Gothic Horror for iPad'. It is intended for students that have access to iPads and wifi enabled classrooms. All instructions are included for its use.
6. As of July 30th 2014, I have updated these materials by adding a set of simpler exercises aimed at students of ESL or younger pupils. These materials have simplified words and also extra tasks including Xword puzzles and quizzes to practice vocabulary. In addition there is a reading quiz based on the Jekyll and Hyde story and a Frankenstein text fill comic task.
If you have any questions about using Prezi or the iPad lesson, please feel free to contact me through TpT or download the preview and use my mail address.
Other products related to literature and horror can be found at the links below.
The Raven Comic Book
The Raven and Tell Tale Heart Comic Books
Picture Prompts - Horror and Mystery Stories
Gothic Horror - A Multi Media Introduction
by Paul Carr (kibishipaul)
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License