Government – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: A SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook (For example - After matching definitions with pictures, definitions may be secured to interactive notebook and edge of matching picture can be secured on top of it so it may be flipped up for study purposes). Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (constitution, legislative branch, executive branch, judicial branch, municipal, and veto).
• How governments share power. State government and local government responsibilities.
• State constitutions.
• The 3 branches of government.
• How a bill becomes law (including a short video).
• How local governments work (responsibilities).
• Taxes – where they come from and where they go.
The last 2 slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background page is not included in the total pages. I include it in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity 1 has students identify government terminology through a matching activity. The vocabulary includes (taxes, municipal, veto, government, judicial branch, constitution, legislative branch, executive branch, branches, and checks and balances).
• Activity 2 has students identifying where taxes come from and where taxes go. This is done through an interactive matching activity.