Everything you need for an engaging, exciting government unit! Sarah Roberts and I have collaborated to create this meaningful bundle. We wanted items to use that would intrigue students and encourage them to explore, discuss, and create items to remember the most important information.
Activities included in this bundle are:
* Parent interview about democracy and government
* List: 10 things that make you a good citizen
* Class definition: What is government?
* Acrostic poem: What is a democracy?
* Laws: How and why they’re created
* Three branches of government- cut and paste activity
* Three branches of government printable page
* Government services foldable
* Government leaders map
* Writing: Vote for Me! (graphic organizer included)
* Constitution Day gallery walk
* Preamble class book
This unit is designed for a second grade classroom, and is built around Tennessee standards. Of course, you can easily modify to fit your needs, as some of these standards are taught at multiple grade levels. Standards addressed are:
* 2.4.01 Discuss the structure and purposes of governance.
* 2.4.02 Describe the Constitution of the United States and the Tennessee State Constitution in principle and practice.
a. Know that communities have different laws depending on the needs and problems of their community.
b. Recognize people who make laws and people who enforce them in Tennessee.
d. Distinguish among local, state, and national government and identify representative leaders at these levels such as mayor, governor, and president.
* 2.4.03 Understand the rights, responsibilities, and privileges of citizens living in a democratic republic.
* 2.4.04 Recognize the qualities of a contributing citizen in our participatory democracy.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please let me know! email@example.com