Civics and Government
Civil Courts, Arbitration, and Small Claims Court
Effective and easy to implement. Can be utilized as a self-guided lesson, an instructional guided lesson, or used as an emergency lesson. The lesson and materials are easy to follow and comprehended. The information and key concepts have been simplified to enhance learning.
Objectives: Students will be able to:
• Explain the purpose of civil courts.
• Describe how civil courts function.
• Identify the different steps that are taken in a lawsuit.
• Define arbitration and explain why it is used.
• Explain how small claims courts function.
Two Reading Comprehension Sheets
Two Analysis Worksheets
Other helpful learning materials:
FIRST AMENDMENT - Bill of Rights
VOTER REGISTRATION AND VOTING
CRIME - A RECORD and CONSEQUENCES
Bizarre Weapons of World War II 1939-1945
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated
Michael K. Powell