Uncover God's Purpose & Agenda in this fresh innovative look at government. Since God is the source of authority, He delegates that authority to the individuals, families, churches, and sovereign nations with clearly defined responsibilities and limits. Let's dive into the the Lord's way to govern your life, family, church, and nation at the state, local, and national level.
Explore American exceptionalism, forms of government, the roots of freedom, our Constitution, elections, politics, military, manners (self-government), citizenship, and personal freedom. Discover what God values in leaders and how He works in us to grow as leaders. People often have very different ideas about how to run societies and countries, yet we need to compare these ideas to the Word of God, our standard of truth. Discover what happens when man's agenda conflicts with God's purpose and plan.
In Government: God's Blueprint/Man's Agenda by Meredith Curtis, a one-credit high school course, you will read living books, narrate conversational text, keep up with current events, and discover that government class isn't boring after all!
Government: God's Blueprint/Man's Agenda by Meredith Curtis, a one-credit high school & 8th grade course, looks at God's blueprint for 4 spheres that He delegates his authority and responsibility to:
- Sovereign Nation
Of course, mankind is full of people who disagree with God and one another, so we have all kinds of interesting philosophies to look into.
I want you to know right up front the writer of this course (me!) is a Christian and political conservative. This book is written from a Christian worldview and conservative, pro-life perspective. I don't presume to be right on everything (we see through a glass dimly), but I want you to know what kind of curriculum you are buying!
The course is laid out for independent work, independent reading, and 3 family (or homeschool co-op) meetings once a month for 9 months/36 weeks.
- Read text about government & answer questions
- Read text about self-government/manners. Manners is just one way we govern or rule as an individual. But, since foreign diplomacy and political leadership has so much protocol involved that is an extensive of manners, I thought manners fits perfectly into this course!
- Keep up with Current Events
- Each month, students can choose from several books at different reading levels. Or read any book on government that mom and student agree on.
- Reading living books takes this course to the next level. I have included many excellent choices from classic works to modern. If a student wants to, they can read them all.
Family of Homeschool Co-op Class
- Don't think you can do everything suggested for the class time. We recommend discussing the material and questions for at least 10 minutes and do the hands-on activities, especially the role-playing ones!
- We also provide several suggestions for videos to watch during class time. Suggestions even include some cartoons for younger siblings.
Field Trips/Work on a Campaign
- I heartily suggest you work with your favorite candidate in running for office in the fall months leading up to election day.
- In addition, consider field trips to the police station, courthouse, or pro-life rally. These suggestions and more are in Government: God's Blueprint/Man's Agenda.
Here are the Topics Covered in Government: God's Blueprint/Man's Agenda:
- The Source of Government
- Jesus Christ
- Kinds of Government
- King Alfred
- Law is King
- State Visits & State Dinners
- The Story of Liberty
- William Wilberforce
- Story of Liberty in the USA
- William Bradford
- The USA Constitution
- The Executive Branch
- Legislative Branch
- Judicial Branch
- USA Constitution II
- Diplomacy, Ambassadors, Spies
- George Washington
- State/Local/County Government
- Calvin Coolidge
- Electoral College
- Political Campaign
- Ronald Reagan
- Resolving Conflict
- Winston Churchill
- How Do We Pay for Everything?
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Andrew Jackson
- Wise Counsel
- Robert Bork
- The Media
- Oliver Cromwell
- John Bunyan
- John Milton
- Daniel Defoe
- Noah Webster
- Horace Mann
- John Winthrop
- Judgment and Revival
- Billy Graham