This notebook includes fun interactive activities about the United States government and the three levels of government in Georgia. It allows your students to stay organized while focusing on the key concepts aligned to the second grade Georgia Performance Science Standards.
The notebook is made of ten student pages with five additional interactive template pages to complete the activities. It also includes a summative performance task where student can display the skills learned. Lastly, you get ten completed teacher guide pages to help you!
*Idea: I love to have a manila folder for each student for these awesome interactive notebooks. I run off the student title page on bright paper and have the students glue it to the front of the manila folder. The other pages are then stapled inside. I have the students use the back of the manila folder as a glossary for unit vocabulary terms and the front of the manila folder for key facts and notes! When it comes time to study for the end of unit test the students have a complete review packet!
The Government Notebook Includes:
1. Student Title Page
2. Questions Skills (Students write questions answering, "what do you want to learn?" **An IB School Trait: International Baccalaureate)
3. Rules are Everywhere (Students brainstorm what rules they follow as citizens of the classroom, school, and their home.)
4. Being an American (Students complete a flip chart defining and drawing what it means to be a citizen.)
5. U.S. Government (Students complete a graphic organizer about democracy.)
6. Three Parts of Government (Students use their student template cutout to match each job to the correct branch of government.)
7. National Government (Students create flip books to describe the president's role)
8. State Government (Students create flip books to describe the governor's role)
9. Local Government (Students create flip books to describe the mayor's role)
9. Show what you know (Students work in groups to create an ad for a carrer opportunity as president.)
10-14. Student template pages to complete the pages listed above.
15-25. Ten teacher guide pages that includes the answers and possible responses.