Voter Registration and Voting
Government – Life Skills - Civics
Objectives: Students will be able to:
• Identify requirements for voter registration and voting.
• Explain the importance of having the right to vote.
• Describe how to register to vote and where to vote.
• Explain the purpose of a sample ballot.
• Define early voting and an absentee ballot.
• Identify where a person can gain more information about voting.
1. Lesson Plan
2. PowerPoint Presentation
3. Voting Statistics Analysis
4. Voter Registration and Voting; Reading Comprehension worksheet
5. Sample Ballot Analysis
Other Helpful Learning Materials:
Buying a Car
Learning to Budget
Renting an Apartment
Feedback is Greatly Appreciated.
Michael K. Powell