This 27 page download is a great mini-unit to teach students about the different government systems and types. These activities will teach your students about the basics of how power is distributed and how citizens can participate in different governments.
This mini unit contains the following learning activities:
1. Government Systems and Types PowerPoint
2. Government Systems Chart (guided notes for unitary, confederation, and federal)
3. Government Types Chart (guided notes for autocracy, democracy, and oligarchy)
4. Government Systems Frayer Model
5. Government Types Frayer Model
6. Types of Democracies Venn-Diagram
7. Formative Assessment
8. Answer Keys for government systems and types chart, types of democracies Venn-Diagram, and formative assessment.
These activities are an excellent introduction or review for students. The handouts can easily be adapted to a Social Studies Interactive Notebook.