Combine Social Studies and Language Arts standards using this resource!
The following writing prompts are included, each with 2 or 3 passages for students to use to prepare.
1. What is the purpose and need for government?
2. What is the Constitution and what does it say?
3. How does the government gain its power from the people?
4. Describe how government is organized at the local level.
5. Describe two people who are good citizens.
A checklist is included to grade students' essays for both Social Studies and Language Arts content.