This is a big unit of study covering the standards for elementary American government! Designed for grades 3-5, this fifteen day unit covers everything from good citizenship through the branches and levels of government and taxes. Please read description and download the preview for a better look.
Designed for interactive notebook (or) regular classroom implementation, this unit seeks to teach the basics of American government. Materials included and concepts taught are:
- Citizenship (what good citizens do, basic rights and responsibilities mini-book and flippable)
- Levels and Branches of Government (these are taught concurrently--meaning that each of the three branches is studies while learning about a particular level)
-Levels and Branches Review Using Interactive Flip Book Activities
-Local, State, and National Level Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties and Leaders of Branches of Government at all three levels.
-The System of Checks and Balances- (including five one-page reader's theater scripts that show the powers of different branches to check the others)
- Set of 20 Review Task cards and recording sheet
-End of Unit Assessment
- Detailed daily plans--including links to a secret website designed just to help teach this unit!. Video, Youtube, and Brainpop Links
- Answer keys also included
Note: This unit does contain my Good Citizens Book, as well as the Levels and Branches Flipbooks also available in my store. However, the remainder of the materials are BRAND NEW!!!
This unit has been field tested in FOUR third grade classrooms and it was a huge hit with students and teachers! Are you struggling to teach government? If so, this unit might make things a whole lot easier!