The Government Unit includes fact finders, a game, quizzes, a scavenger hunt, and more! (Includes 10 files below)
1) Legislative Branch Fact Finder: Students research and record facts about the Legislative Branch in this activity. (Includes answer key and activity extension ideas)
2) Executive Branch Fact Finder: Students research and record facts about the Executive Branch in this activity. (Includes answer key and activity extension ideas)
3) Judicial Branch Fact Finder: Students research and record facts about the Judicial Branch in this activity. (Includes answer key and activity extension ideas)
4) Government Cover Up Game: A game for students to practice identifying the key players, places of business, and responsibilities of the Legislative, Executive, and Judicial Branches. (Includes gameboard, gamecards, and student and teacher directions)
5) Government Quiz #1: A 1-page quiz on the Legislative, Executive, and Judicial Branches of the American Government.
6) Articles of Confederation Activity: Students work in groups to discuss the weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation and evaluate which problem would be the biggest in this activity.
7) Constitution Scavenger Hunt: Students use the Constitution to find the answers to the provided clues in this activity.
8) What Are My Rights? Activity: In this activity students rewrite amendments using their own words and key ideas in a way that is easy to understand. Students then choose the amendment that was the most important to them and write a paragraph defending their choice.
9) Defend Your View Activity: Students work in groups and are assigned a role in the debate of the rules regarding slavery as they would have been discussed at the time of the writing of the Constitution. Each group will prepare a defense using facts and logical arguments to support their viewpoint. (Includes rubric, note page, debate role cards, and teacher notes)
10) Government Quiz #2: A 1-page quiz on the Articles of Confederation, U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights.
By downloading a Lightbulb Minds file, you are agreeing to the following license terms. Lightbulb Minds, Inc. owns and retains the copyright on each file. Your download entitles you to one non-exclusive license to use the unaltered file for non-commercial, non-profit purposes in one classroom only. If you intend to use the file in multiple classrooms, you must purchase one copy for each classroom. Your license does not authorize you to re-sell or otherwise use the file for profit in any way; to alter the file in any way; to create derivative works based on the file; or to post or distribute the file on your website, through email, on message boards, or in printed copy, except that your license authorizes you to distribute printed copies to students in one classroom.