Government Vocabulary Posters for Elementary Grades
Finally! Here’s a way to make big ideas attainable to younger students!
Each 8.5 x 11 poster has a child-friendly definition, picture and sentence. The posters follow a Wild West and Farm Friend theme. There are almost 50 words – this lets you choose the words that are best for your class.
1. Print in color and laminate if possible (you may want to put construction paper on the back for years of durability)
2. Trading cards – print nine to a page for students to use in games. These work well in grayscale too.
Vocabulary included in the posters:
Words that work well with Click Clack Moo, Cows that Type
1. propose (duck version)
Words that work well with Duck for President
5. government (one version for Duck; one for Wild West)
13. Commander in Chief
Words that work well with House Mouse, Senate Mouse
14. propose (mouse version)
21. capitol (farm version and D.C. version)
22. House of Representatives
More Civics and Government Vocabulary
34. Supreme Court
41. propose (one version for House Mouse and one for Click Clack Moo)
42. bear arms
These posters have coordinating Word Wall Words and Matching Game with the same pictures!
During the unit the posters help students with the four-part matching game. When the unit is finished, simply put away the posters and leave the Word Wall for year long connections.
The posters may be used with or without these great children’s books:
1. Click Clack Moo – Cows that Type
2. Duck for President
3. House Mouse and Senate Mouse
This activity is available in a bundle!
BUNDLE – Elementary Government Posters, Vocabulary Word Wall, and Matching
Need more U. S. Government activities? Please see my other products at Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley
1. Government Vocabulary PowerPoint
2. Government Main Idea Task Cards
3. Government Upper Grade Word Wall
4. Three Branches Matching Quiz (pictures and words)
5. How a Bill Becomes a Law Matching Quiz -Pictures and words
6. Three Branches Roll Read Graph -3 levels
7. How a Bill Becomes a Law Roll Read Graph - 3 levels
8. Government Vocabulary Posters for Elementary Grades
9. Government Vocabulary Word Wall and Matching for Elementary Grades
My thanks to these creative talents: