Government Vocabulary Word Wall and Matching Game for Elementary Grades
Finally! Here’s a way to make big ideas attainable to younger students!
Each Word Wall Word had a child-friendly picture that coordinates with the matching game (included) and the posters (sold separately). These government words follow a Wild West and Farm Friend theme.
There are almost 50 words – so you choose the words that are best for your class.
The Word Wall and Matching may be used with or without these great children’s books:
1. Click Clack Moo – Cows That Type
2. Duck for President
3. House Mouse, Senate Mouse
Print in color and laminate if possible (you may want to put construction paper on the back for years of durability)
Differentiated Matching Game – 4 levels of play –
1. Picture and Word
2. Word and Sentence
3. Picture and Sentence
4. Definition and Sentence
Team Rules: Sort cards by definition, picture, word, and sentence. Using a 4-person team, assign each person 1 kind of card to match with their team-mates. Hint – the sentence card includes the vocabulary word with bold lettering, so this is a perfect job for low readers.
Words that work well with Click Clack Moo, Cows that Type
1. propose (duck version)
Words that work well with Duck for President
5. government (one version for Duck; one for Wild West)
13. Commander in Chief
Words that work well with House Mouse, Senate Mouse
14. propose (mouse version)
21. capitol (farm version and D.C. version)
22. House of Representatives
More Civics and Government Vocabulary
34. Supreme Court
41. propose (one version for House Mouse, Senate Mouse and one for Click Clack Moo)
42. bear arms
These Word Wall Words and Matching Games have coordinating posters with the same pictures!
During the unit the posters help students with the four-part matching game. When the unit is finished, simply put away the posters and leave the Word Wall for year long connections.
This activity is available in a bundle!
BUNDLE – Elementary Government Posters, Vocabulary Word Wall, and Matching
Need more U. S. Government activities? Please see my other products at Creative Core Integrations by Kim Shelley
1. Government Vocabulary Posters for Elementary Grades
2. Government Vocabulary PowerPoint
3. Government Main Idea Task Cards
4. Government Upper Grade Word Wall
5. Three Branches Matching Quiz (pictures and words)
6. How a Bill Becomes a Law Matching Quiz -Pictures and words
7. Three Branches Roll Read Graph -3 levels
8. How a Bill Becomes a Law Roll Read Graph - 3 levels
My thanks to these creative talents:
(follow links to Barnes and Nobles):
Duck for President