“Compare and Contrast Fiction vs. Nonfictional Characters”
Total 15 Pages
This educational resource pack includes:
● 3rd -5th Grade Informational Text: Fictional Characters vs. Nonfictional characters.
● Modified for students with Autism: tactile, visual and auditory prompts applied.
● Based on Depth of Knowledge – Four Levels: recite, identify, compare, then analyze and discuss.
● Fill- in- the- Blanks Tests with Answer Recordings
● ESSA -Well -Rounded concept: Reading, Writing and Informational Text
● Fictional vs. Nonfictional Guided Writing Practice (Key Words model) including: point to, circle the correct answer, trace, cut and paste, write or touch correct answers.
● Teacher can use completed worksheets or video of student reactions as proof of completion.
● Red print relates is for the teacher, parent or self-instruction.
● Certificate of Achievement is available for students that finish the resource pack satisfactorily.
A media player is required for recordings.
Students on the spectrum need a multi-media approach including: visual images, an auditory reinforcement, a tactile involvement and key words presented in different contexts 3 - 5 times.
Teaching strategies for students with autism link: http://www.stonesoupschool.com/product-p/aseducationaltreatments.htm
COVER AND INTRODUCTORY PAGE: Two first pages.
PAGE 1: Definitions of Fictional and Non-fictional
PAGE 2: Chart comparing Superman with Gandhi
PAGE 3&4: Chart comparing President Obama and Peter Pan.
PAGE 5: Chart comparing Santa Claus and MLK Jr.
PAGE 6: Comparing featured characters and identifying them as fictional or nonfictional.
PAGE 7-9: Filling in Venn Diagrams that sort character traits.
PAGE 10: Designing a chart with cut-outs.
PAGE 11: Reading practice with a teacher.
PAGE 12: Tracing key sentences writing practice.
CERTIFICATE: Last page designed as proof of packet completion.