This is the Winter Edition of the yearlong spiral review for third grade reading. The packet includes days 60 days of daily spiral reading and questions. The standards addressed are CCSS literature standards 3.1 to 3.7, and CCSS informational standards 3.1 to 3.8.
The Lexile levels of the passages are 550 to 820, which is within the band for 3rd grade.
Also included are 6 standards-based checklists. After each 10 day block, check your students' progress by reviewing their correct questions, broken down by standard. Use that information to pull strategic small groups! This is a great tool to use with your RTI groups!
Please open the preview for a sample of what the packet includes.
Titles of the passages in this packet:
1. Christmas Crackers
2. White Fields
3. Winter Weather
4. Traditions and Dragons
5. Social Justice
6. The North Wind and the Sun
7. The Water Cycle
8. Twenty Little Snowflakes
9. Public Virtue
10. Pandora (A Greek Myth)
11. The Bald Eagle
12. Scarlet and the Cake (a twist on Little Red Riding Hood as a drama)
13. The Iditarod
14. Stopping by the Woods on a Snowy Evening
15. Groundhog Day
16. Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe)
17. Apollo and Daphne (A Greek Myth)
18. America's Most Famous Presidents
19. The Fox and the Crow
20. Why Do We Have Leap Years?
21. The Ugly Duckling
22. Dental Health Month
23. The Children of Cloud
24. Paul Watson: Coach of the World's Worst Soccer Team
25. The Wind (poem)
26. Cherry Blossoms
27. Vegetable Consequences
28. Fresh Food for All
29. The Wolf and the Goat
30. Growth Mindset and the Brain