PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Do your students know who Grace Hopper was? She is sometimes called "The Grandmother of COBOL (a computer programming language)." Well, they need too! Grace Hopper was an Computer Pioneer, a Mathematician, and a inventor! These leveled close reading passages will give your students a great introduction to the life of Grace Hopper, the woman who created COBOL! A great resource for 3rd to 8th graders. This resource is not just for Women's History Month, but any time of year is a good time to talk about this ground-breaking woman! This resource is apart of my Women in STEM Series of Close Reading Passages and is included in the bundle.
This resource includes:
- 3 different levels of the passage on Grace, ranging from the 660's to the 1100's in lexile.
- Mini-Posters to aide in teaching Close Reading Strategies!
- A Digital Self-Grading Quiz on the passage! <<<----Self-grading! This quiz auto-grades!
- Written open ended questions based on the passage!
- A one-page writing prompt related to the passage!
----->>>>>Hey Teacher Friend! STOP and click the star above to see when I have new resources loaded up for you! <<<<<------
Want more Engaging and Fun Learning Resources? LOOK BELOW!
Easy to use Guided Reading Templates (Editable)!
Follow me on Social Media! I'm lots of fun!
*Please, leave feedback if you enjoy this product! Leaving feedback earns you TPT credits to use later! Be sure to click above green star to follow me! I add new products all the time! Happy Teaching!