If you are looking for student engagement, you have come to the right site. This PowerPoint teaches the phonics skills for Grace for President,2nd grade Reading Street.
The students will:
1. Learn about prefixes non-, mid-, mis- and micro-
2. Students will write new words by reading the prefix and base word
3. Students will read a definition and write the word with prefix
4. Students will read a sentence and write the word with a prefix that is in the sentence.
5. Students will act out sentences which give a word with a prefix.
6. Students will partner talk about words with prefixes such as
(Talk about a nonhuman that you would like to be.)
7. Read a word, Write the prefix on white board.
Your students can use a variety of tools during this PowerPoint.
Tools students can use:
1. Sand trays or salt trays
2. Shaving cream in a tray
3. Blending boxes in a plastic folder (This sheet is included in the pack)
4. Personal white board
5. Students can write on their desks with dry erase markers
When you look at the preview there will be no animation because it is a PDF. However on the PowerPoint there will be animation. You can also edit the words, but the clipart has been embedded into the slides.
Click below to see the printables that go with this story.
Grace for President Printables