Looking for some Christmas themed math activities to use with your Grade 1 students during December? The activities presented in this pack are simple and easy to use – just print, photocopy and go! There is NO PREP involved. The activity pages are all in black and white and use fun Christmas themed clip art. These activities are engaging and fun for all students to complete.
The activities included are:
* Representing Numbers to 20: Look at each number. Draw the number of dots in the tens frames to represent the number.
* Exploring Tens and Ones: Count the base ten rods and units. Then write how many tens and ones are shown and the total for each set.
* Comparing Numbers - Bright Lights: Look at each set of lights. Color in the light that has the greater number.
* Comparing Numbers: Look at each set of stars. Compare the two numbers by writing <, > or = in the circle (Numbers to 100).
* Ten More, Ten Less: For each given number, write the number that is ten more and ten less.
* Time to the Hour (I): Write the time shown on each clock.
* Time to the Hour (II): Draw the hour and minute hands to represent the given time.
* Time to the Half-Hour (I): Write the time shown on each clock.
* Time to the Half-Hour (II): Draw the hour and minute hands to represent each given time.
* Christmas Spending: Look at the price of each item. Color in the coins needed to purchase the item (one sheet for American coins, one sheet for Canadian coins).
* Skip Counting Reindeers by 5’s: Skip count by 5’s and write the missing numbers on each reindeer from 0 to 100.
* Skip Counting by 5’s: Cut and paste the missing number lights by skip counting by 5’s.
* Skip Counting by 2’s: Cut and paste the missing number stars by skip counting by 2’s.
* Addition Equations: Solve the addition equations using a built in number line (addition to 20).
* Subtraction Equations: Solve the subtraction equations using a built in number line (subtraction within 20).
* Spin and Solve (I – IV): Use a paperclip and pencil to spin an equation. Write and solve the equation in the space provided.
* Spin an Addition Equation: Use a paperclip and pencil to spin both spinners. Write both numbers in the spaces provided and solve the equations.
* Spin a Subtraction Equation: Use a paperclip and pencil to spin both spinners. Write both numbers in the spaces provided and solve the equations.
* Reindeer Roll and Solve: Roll a die. Solve an equation in the column of the number rolled.
* Spin and Solve (V- VI): Spin the spinner with a paperclip and pencil. Solve a problem in the column of the letter you landed on.
* Missing Addends: Look at each addition equation. Find and write the missing addend for each equation.
* Missing Numbers: Look at each subtraction equation. Find and write the missing number for each equation.
* Number Bond Lights: Fill in the missing number to complete the number bond.
Check out the preview for a closer look at what is included. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!
Looking for the Kindergarten packet? Kindergarten NO PREP Christmas Math Activity Packet