These EIGHT Grade 1 Library Lessons correspond with my K-5 Curriculum Map.
Grade K-5 Curriculum Map BUNDLE
1. How do readers build good habits? Library Rules (The Library Lion)
2. How do readers build good habits? Book Care (Read It, Don't Eat It!)
3. How do readers build good habits? Concept Books (Chicka Chicka Boom Boom)
4. How do readers build good habits? Read and Build (Pezzettino)
5. How do readers grow ideas about characters? Using Reading Voices (Pezzettino ct.)
6. How do readers grow ideas about characters? Character Feelings and Traits (Lonely Scarecrow)
7. How do readers grow ideas about characters? Book Selection (Book of Choice)
8. How do readers grow ideas about characters? Character Analysis (The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin)
Included in this lesson bundle:
1. EDITABLE Library Policies parent letter
2. EDITABLE Library Policies staff letter
3. Eight scripted lessons that are in alignment with Common Core Reading, AASL Standards, and ISTE Standards
4. Lessons are driven by essential questions. Essential Question posters and lesson badges (EDITABLE lesson badges) are included.
5. What Good Listeners Do anchor chart
6. Pattern book manipulatives
7. Book Care posters
8. Shape posters for interactive read aloud
9. Pezzettino reader's theater
10. Character Traits posters
11. Choosing Books posters
12. Parts of a Book posters
13. Character Analysis graphic organizer
What's the fuss about the ESSENTIAL QUESTION posters and LESSON BADGES?
They are a FANTASTIC visual reminder for students (and you!), and an effective way to reinforce lesson connections.
The top of each poster clearly states the grade and the monthly ESSENTIAL QUESTION driving the learning. With each essential question comes a lesson badge representative of the lessons taught that month. This is a fun and engaging way to help students make those vital connections between their monthly lessons, and reinforce learning. The posters serve as anchor charts, and can be used as review tools and lesson summations. The posters are all color-coded according to grade. (Grade K is RED – key essential words in the essential question are RED and badges are RED. Grade 1 is ORANGE – key essential words in the essential question are ORANGE and badges are ORANGE, etc.)
You can use the posters TWO ways (I do both!):
1. Print, laminate, and hang your COMPLETED monthly K-5 essential questions and corresponding lesson badges by the library entry/exit doors and refer to them when you summarize the day’s lesson with the classroom teachers at pick up time. (No cutting necessary)
2. Find a conducive space in your learning area. Print, laminate and tape each of the K-5 posters that contain ONLY the essential question. These will serve as your anchor charts. Cut out each of the lesson badges. Upon the completion of each lesson, tape the lesson badge to the bottom of the anchor chart. (I use Velcro.)
Editable badges are included!! If you would like to use the same font, you can download KG Be Still and Know for free at this link - https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/KG-Be-Still-Know-Personal-Use-348443