This packet is aligned with the Ontario Grade 1 curriculum expectations for mathematics. In this packet students explore length through non-standard units of measurement only.
The overall expectations for this packet are:
- Estimate, measure, and describe length;
- Compare, describe, and order objects using attributes measured in non-standard units;
Through PART A: ATTRIBUTES, UNITS, AND MEASUREMENT SENSE students:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of non-standard units of the same size;
- Estimate, measure, and record lengths;
- Construct tools for measuring lengths in non-standard units;
Through PART B: MEASUREMENT RELATIONSHIPS, students:
- Compare two or three objects using measurable attributes;
- Compare and order objects by their linear measurements, using the same non-standard unit;
- Use the metre as a benchmark for measuring length, and compare the metre with non-standard units;
- Describe the relationship between the size of a unit and the number of units needed to measure length;
There are 7 lessons included as well as the relevant activity worksheets. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Take a look at the preview to see what is included.
Looking for other Linear Measurement activity packets?
Grade 2 Linear Measurement Activity PacketGrade 3 Linear Measurement Activity Packet