This activity pack is aligned with the Ontario Grade 1 Science curriculum. The topics that this activity pack cover are materials, objects and structures, their purposes and how humans each material, object or structure. The materials included in this pack are:
- Investigation Teacher Instructions
- Vocabulary Posters (colour & black/white)
- Word Search
The materials presented in this pack are engaging for students and allow students to gain an understanding of the following big ideas:
- Objects have observable characteristics and are made from materials;
- Materials have specific properties;
- An object is held together by its structure;
- The materials and structure of an object determine its purpose;
- Humans make choices related to their use of objects and materials that have a direct effect on the environment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.