Master measurement with Grade 2 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 12 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on measuring using both customary and metric units. Topics include measuring with inches, measuring with inches, feet, and yards, measuring with centimeters, measuring with different metric units, choosing the best unit of measurement, measuring with precision, and comparing lengths. This topic is aligned to Common Core standards 2.MD. A.1, 2.MD.A.2, 2.MD.A.3, 2.MD.A.4, and 2.MD.B.5.
Lessons presented by the power points include:
12-1 Estimating Length
12-2 Measure with Inches
12-3 Inches, Feet, and Yards
12-4 Measure Length Using Different Customary Units
12-5 Measure with Centimeters
12-6 Centimeters and Meters
12-7 Measure Lengths Using Different Metric Units
12-8 Compare Lengths
12-9 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Precision
You may also be interested in the other power points in this series. Follow my store for updates, freebies, and new products!