Pump up your students' place value skills with Grade 2 EnVisions Math 2.0 Version 2016 Topic 9 Power Point lessons! These Common Core aligned lessons allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
These Common Core Version 2016 lessons focus on place value topics, such as using place value blocks to represent numbers, naming and understanding place values, reading and writing 3 digit numbers, number forms, place value patterns, skip counting, and comparing numbers. This topic is aligned to CCSS 2.NBT.A.1, 2.NBT.A.1a, 2.NBT.A.1b, 2.NBT.A.2, 2.NBT.A.3, 2.NBT.A.4 and 2.NBT.B.8.
Lessons presented by the power points include:
9-1 Understand Hundreds
9-2 Models and 3-Digit Numbers
9-3 Name Place Values
9-4 Read and Write 3-Digit Numbers
9-5 Different Ways to Name the Same Number
9-6 Place Value Patterns with Numbers
9-7 Skip Count by 5s, 10s, and 100s to 1,000
9-8 Compare Numbers Using Place Value
9-9 Compare Numbers on the Number Line
9-10 Math Practices and Problem Solving: Look for and Use Structure
You may also be interested in the other power points in this series. Follow my store for updates, freebies, and new products!
* Preview is in PDF form, though the product is in Power Point to allow for customizing to suit your students' needs.