Start stepping up from 2nd to 3rd grade with the EnVisions Math Step Up to Grade 3 Power Point Lessons! If you are using the Grade 2 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills.
Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Stepping Up to Grade 3 lessons cover multiplication, division, fractions, polygons, and more! Lessons presented by the power points include:
1- Writing Multiplication Stories
2- Division as Sharing
3- Writing Division Stories
4- Relating Multiplication and Division
5- Unit Fractions and Regions
6- Non-Unit Fractions and Regions
7- Naming Fractions of a Set
8- Showing Fractions of a Set
10- Adding and Subtracting in Geometry
If you like this product, please check out the other products in the Grade 2 EnVisions Math Power Point Series, available in my store!
*** This product is based on the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***