$$$$ This unit's all about the money! If you are using the Grade 2 EnVisions math curriculum, these power points are a great resource to use when teaching each lesson. They allow you to integrate technology into your instruction and use the Common Core based EnVisions skills and terminology to help your students master the skills. The power points are designed to be used as a teaching tool for each lesson. The first slide introduces the lesson number and title, allowing you to state and describe the lesson objective to the students. Every lesson power point contains:
* Warm-up for spiral review of skills previously learned.
* Literature links for each lesson to help you integrate literacy into math to meet cross-curricular integration standards.
* A "Think and Write" to integrate math and writing skills and often make connections between math and daily life experiences of the students.
* Relevant vocabulary for the lesson or topic being taught
* Step by step breakdown of how to solve or perform the operation/skill being taught
* Practice problems that you can use to demonstrate on the board, on slates/communicators, or in notebooks to engage all students.
* Word problems to show whether students can solve problems using deeper analysis and evaluation levels of the skill. Some problems also incorporate multiple steps. By observing student responses, you can decide whether students need more review or are ready to move to independent work. It's a great method of informal assessment!
Topic 14 builds on Topic 13 by introducing dollars into the topic of counting money. Lessons include adding money including dollar amounts, subtracting money including dollar amounts, estimating money amounts, and solving multi-step problems involving money. This topic is aligned to CCSS 2.MD.8, 2.NBT.5, and 2.NBT.9. Lessons presented by the power points include:
14-1 Adding Money
14-2 Subtracting Money
14-3 Estimating Sums and Differences
14-4 Problem Solving: Try, Check, and Revise
If you like this product, please consider the other Topic Power Points in the Grade 2 Envisions series, including these!
Grade 2 Envisions Math Topic 1 Power Point Lessons
Grade 2 Envisions Math Topic 2 Power Point Lessons
*** This product is based on the 2012 Common Core EnVisions series***